Sign in to follow this  
Maciek

Headlight repair?

GUYS,

I need advice,

Problem: My headlights are really weak. Bought my corrado during the summer and had them adjusted, before that they were almost none existent. After the adjustment, the light imporved, but I am still not satisfied, as I can hardly see at night, unless i am on a darkened road by myself. Also, my car was backed into by its former owner, and so the bar that runs underneath the grill and lights is bent up, at the right side, and the front fender is damaged and bondoed(?!?!?!?!) together. I imagine the front right light took some damage in this mishap, as the brackets are both home rigged, (bad job see pics). Also it looks like the wiring behind the lights has been tampered with, I don't know what the result was supposed to be? This is what I was thinking.

1. Save up and buy new Euro Spec lights (as my 93 vr6 has CND SPEC), which is a costly option, but it would mean that my brackets, and reflectors all get replaced.

2. Buy some new headlight looms, apparently they improve lighting dramatically. But I am not sure if with all the home rigging on my lights these would help?

Please HELP!!!!!! I CAN'T DRIVE WITHOUT LIGHTS BUT I DON'T WANT TO SPEND A FORTUNE!!!!

:shock:

If you have re-adjusted the headlights and there still no good then its bound to be a loom that is needed along with some uprated bulbs...

I'd say those lights are the problem. They look poor to me. I'd get myself onto ebay.de and get yourself some LHD euro lights.

The plugs on your lights are also different to ours, the ones I have seen anyway. Any chance of you disconnecting one and taking a pic of the inside of teh plug and the back of the light?

What bulbs are fitted in your lights, H1,3,4,7?.

The inner two lamps, when do they come on?

Do you have DRLs.

I do believe that a loom would improve matters.

Maybe G60jet could help you out with some lights, as he is on mainland Europe.

I am willing to make you whatever loom you want, if you go that route.

Gavin

GAVIN!!!

Thanks for all the help. Went on ebay.de...one small problem. What are headlights in German? :o

Also, I am registered on Ebay.com...do you think I can still bid on .de ? I am not sure if you would know this, but might as well ask

Thanks!

Maciek

hauptscheinwerfer is headlight, nebelscheinwerfer is fog light, rucklicht is back light.

http://search.ebay.de/search/search.dll ... sicSearch=

I turned up a pair of lights here and one new one.

The fella with the pair of lights says in the ad, he'll send weltweit, worldwide. You have until tomorrow to iron out payment and shipping with him. Those lights are about 30USD at the moment. Maybe he'll do a paypal account??

Frage an Der Verkaufer is the ask seller a question button. Ask him if he speaks English. 75% of Germans do in my estimation. I worked at Frankfurt airport for 9 months a few years back.

Cheers

Gavin

Maciek, Sending Money to german is VERY expensive and you can bid on ebay.de not problem, just do a world wide search (as in items located in any country) and go through the 80 or so pages.

thanks guys!

Gavin, I emailed the german guy, will keep you updated! P.S. Lights from a G60 will fit a VR6 right?

Gavin, do you know the word for "moonroof" in german, as I am in need of one of those too :p

p.s.

bidding on lights tomorrow morning

WOOHOO...hopefully they dont go up past my price :?

Maciek, G60jet has a point those lights look like early ones. 5 bar grille etc, built in 91. Nigel can you confirm that by looking?

I'd hate him to waste some money down to me.

When you say moonroof, are you talking about the glass panel from a Passat?????

Cheers

Gavin

Maciek, Sending Money to german is VERY expensive ..........

Sending money to Europe isn't that expensive you know.

Guys, these lights are from a Corrado G60 BJ 91. Will they fit my vr6? please respond promptly, as the auction ends in 5 hours :shock:

Thanks for all the help!

Maciek

M8, check out the link in this thread

http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5045

Basically it says

"Headlamps

The headlamp lenses and the plastic outside trim ring were made larger to fill the gap between the wing and headlamp; you have to look closely to notice this. The rest of the lamp is the same, so early lamps can be fitted with later lenses and trim rings."

So looks like you could use the lights, and possibly use your own lenses and surround. Or if US spec don't fit, you could source these.

Either way, I think (based totally on this article) the early Euro spec ones should fit, might just be a slightly bigger gap to the wing and bonnet tho.

Do you guys think that if I get a spoiler to cover that gap it would look alright?

I was thinking of doing this anyhow...I think they look sweeet (the front spoiler)