Sign in to follow this  
Skimask

Accident damage VR6 - is it a write-off?

Hi,

I was parked up in an industrial estate today, came out to see this....

AccDamage.jpg[/attachment:a4b41]

The headlight is pushed in and upwards, the front wing is pushed in as well as the bonnet.

Luckily someone saw the accident and pointed me in the direction of his office. I've tracked him down and have his insurance details.

I know it doesn't take much to write a Corrado off, just need to gauge other peoples accidents and if they managed to get the car repaired!

Nah - that'll be ok, even a good insurance job using new panels will be £1000-£1200

Not sure there's any new wings left are there? 450 quid each if there are!

I had quite a heavy front ender at christmas, new bonnet, bumper, headlights, fogs indicators etc etc was about £3K repair and it was paid no issues!

Cheers guys, that is good news Blue_Joe, I really want it repaired!

3corsameal, yes he did admit to it, luckily someone in the unit opposite saw him, so I have a witness if required.

I think it also helps that it was his works transit rather than a personal car insurance claim, he would be more inclined to be difficult if he was going to lose some no-claims bonus.

I feel better now that it won't be written off - but again we are dealing with insurance companies, and i won't hold my breath on this one!

I thought if the other party was to blame you could demand that it was was repaired even if it was uneconomical to repair (within reason).

it's different if it's your fault and your insurance is footing the bill.

you may be better off with good condition used panels rather than new ones, bodyshops often dont paint the bits you cant see very well and just leave the crappy black base coat which lets rust start really quickly.

I think that sort of casual car pack mangling is the dread of most Corrado owners :( I often find new little nicks and scrapes that I knew were not there when i'd last gone round the car with the bucket and sponge and it makes the blood boil.. to come back and see that I think might result in a "Falling Down" type afternoon :lol: