Sign in to follow this  
sim0n_parker

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! front engine mount!

just rang my local stealer to get a price on the front engine mount he quoted £104.07p PLUS VAT! i bout had a heart attack, looks like im going for the solid engine mount, i didnt fancy going for this due to the excessive vibrations through the dash, has anybody got one of these? whats the vibrations like?

simon

just rang my local stealer to get a price on the front engine mount he quoted £104.07p PLUS VAT! i bout had a heart attack, looks like im going for the solid engine mount, i didnt fancy going for this due to the excessive vibrations through the dash, has anybody got one of these? whats the vibrations like?

simon

Don't go for a solid front engine mount. I ripped 3 brackets that they were attached to due to it. Once, if it wasn't for my strut brace and the inlet manifold coming to rest on it the engine would have been on the floor!

Contact Darren @ g-werks as he has an uprated mount that is very good that he sells for about £70. It was the one that I used on my heavily modded G60. Thats if yours is a g-60. If not he can still get you others.

simon

the heavy duty one from GSF is quality. I had one of those on my valver, around £40-45 I think?

VWspares do nice OE Febi ones for £38.12.

Used one of these before and I cant fault them at all! 8)

I got a GSF front mount £45ish and it had VW audi logos on it :lol: I like it when that happens!