Sign in to follow this  
A1Corrado

Question about VR6 and G60 AC condensers/ radiators

My friend purchased a VR6 Corrado that was hit in the front. The radiator and the AC condenser were destroyed. The lower support bracket that holds the two was very badly damaged. He has found out that the parts are different between the VR6 and the G60 versions. Several folks have provided new AC condensers but none of them seem to fit the VR6 car properly. Do any of you know what the proper part numbers and what the differences are between the VR6 and the G60 front components and sheet metal?

If the car is right hand drive the A/C condenser will be Diavia as VW never made a Corrado with A/C in right hand drive and Diavia (Dana group) aren't very helpful. Check the Diavia thread for some links that may help but I tried to get a Diavia condenser replaced recently and I had it repaired in the end. The only company who would help basically said send it to use and we will make a new one for around £500.

If the car is right hand drive the A/C condenser will be Diavia as VW never made a Corrado with A/C in right hand drive and Diavia (Dana group) aren't very helpful. Check the Diavia thread for some links that may help but I tried to get a Diavia condenser replaced recently and I had it repaired in the end. The only company who would help basically said send it to use and we will make a new one for around £500.

The car is left hand drive.

Any help would be great!