Sign in to follow this  
12 DEG BEN

New tire ruined

Short story. Clipped my doorstep moving my car today. The slab bit the toyo wall taking an inch or so of rubber out and nicking the rim. The tires a week old. So angry and stupid at the same time. This new one replaced the other semi new one that got a broken drill bit in it. Thats my luck right now. I know theres a section in here about things going bad but couldnt find it in a hurry. Story over.

if it's any consilation I've just had a nice letter from Transport from London telling me I owe them £50 in the next 14 days as I forgot to pay the congestion charge :(

I'm also getting fed up of lifes bad hands!

Ah, paying for the roads that you have already paid for! Surely my road tax should go down as I never use central london? Its all give and take isnt it. but no, its take and take.

Reminds me of the new wheels and tyres I put on the car, I had only covered 10 miles and hit the apex of a corner, couldn't avoid the rock sitting just at the side of the road and it took out 2 tyres and dented the rims. The thing is I knew I had hit the rock, but didn't really notice any difference for a couple of miles and thought I had a slow puncture. The rock split the sidewalls for a couple of centimetres. I was very impressed by the Kumho tyres running flat and used them ever since.