Sign in to follow this  
Skimask

Replacement Car...

Hi Folks,

OK - after this happened last week:

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfAccDamage.jpg[/attachment:25c0b]

Because its a no fault accident - i.e. my car was parked and a transit van driver misjudged his parking abilities, my insurance company are falling over themselves to give me a courtesy car.

I was expecting this as a replacement:

HireCar.jpg[/attachment:25c0b]

But instead this arrived today:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfMX5.jpg[/attachment:25c0b]

Now, I've been out having a good run about in it....and yes I feel like a total hairdresser...but it's actually quite good.

Very twitchy steering, me being used to a 14 year old system. It doesn't go very quickly, but it is enough.

The thing is, sods law - I had a spare Corrado just in case the main one was off the road. I just sold it to my mate a couple of weeks ago, who's been asking me for a couple of years to sell it to him! I may ask if I could buy it back!

pmsl - that shidtroen looks like a moomin :lol:

The mazda looks like a bit of fun for a few days though - nice one!

That Citroen seems to have one heck of a low bumper/skirt/spoiler type thing on the front. Almost as low as my Mk1 Rocco :shock: Then again still fugly as heck compared to my Rocco :-)

Take that Citroen over a few nasty speed bumps, scrape off some paint and hand it back to the insurance :lol:

Tempest

That's spot on Billcor - just looks like the Citroen...he..he

the pic of the citroen is a courtesy car a colleague of mine was issued with - he got some ribbing over it!

It was a pleasant surprise and going to make the most of it.....turn of the traction control and see what it can do!!!

shame yu couldn't get the low, phat Citreon with its flarred arches, lol. (we knows its hung over a kerb)

MX5 seems a hoot. The new Mk is still rear wheel drive? The old ones had a 1.8 with 130bhp, on a lighter car the the C, so should be quicker than the standard 1.8's and 2.0 C's?

This lightweight steering got any feedback feeling whatsoever?

shame yu couldn't get the low, phat Citreon with its flarred arches, lol. (we knows its hung over a kerb)

MX5 seems a hoot. The new Mk is still rear wheel drive? The old ones had a 1.8 with 130bhp, on a lighter car the the C, so should be quicker than the standard 1.8's and 2.0 C's?

This lightweight steering got any feedback feeling whatsoever?

Yes Stu it still is rear wheel drive. I reckon it's slightly better than a Corrado 16V, a bit torquier than the valver and would have the edge in 4th, it seems to like that gear!

The steering is very light and there isn't a great deal of feedback, it does have torque steer though - put the foot down in 4th and it lurches to the right, lift off and it goes back to centreline. It's very much like torque steer on a VR. This really surprised me, as I thought torque steer was a factor of FWD cars, but this one does it!