Sign in to follow this  
redcorrado

recaro child seat

I was in the same position a while back, I was not impressed by the Recaros in comparison to other makes, we went for a maxi cosi and they also seem to offer more protection for the little one. The seat expert said the Recaros were only ever bought for the badge and by certain clientele :scratch:

That would be me then :D :lol:

I quite fancied having a Recaro in there but I'm not compromising comfort/safety for it, I assumed that Recaro would produce high quality child seats given their reputation but maybe that's not the case! Cheers very much for the info - I'll just get another Maxi-Cosi :)

I fancied a Recaro seat but once we looked at the reviews, it came clear that the Maxi Cosi Tobi was the safest we could find. That was a couple of years ago so there might be a better one by now.

I quite fancied having a Recaro in there but I'm not compromising comfort/safety for it, I assumed Recaro would make high quality child seats given their reputation but maybe thats not the case! Cheers very much for the info - I'll just get another Maxi-Cosi :)

I must admit I went with the idea of getting a matching pair as I thought it would look good and assumed the brand would make the best given the prices too. I'm looking forward to the next change of seat as the bulky group 1 seat is pointing those little feet into kicking range of the front seats. Hopefully the distraction of picking the "corrado-for ~.n t" window sticker will stop that :lol:

I was in the same position a while back, I was not impressed by the Recaros in comparison to other makes, we went for a maxi cosi and they also seem to offer more protection for the little one. The seat expert said the Recaros were only ever bought for the badge and by certain clientele :scratch:

I quite fancied having a Recaro in there but I'm not compromising comfort/safety for it, cheers very much for the info - I'll just get another Maxi-Cosi :)

Strange as the Profi-plus came out top of the safety stakes I reviewed well above the Maxi-Cosi Cabrio... Plus when you look at teh Profi vs Cabrio the Recaro's much deeper in the sides and has better Anti-submarine protection and against "pre-tensioner" burns... :scratch:

Will have to do some more digging about and have a look at Group1+ seats...

Storm Warning, where did the Seat expert work? Stupid to say especially where child safety's concerned, but you know that commision comes into their recomendations too!

Can't see one of the best seat manufacturer's in the world comprimising of safety, especially as they sell masses in the "litigation-happy" USofA

Strange as the Profi-plus came out top of the safety stakes I reviewed well above the Maxi-Cosi Cabrio... Plus when you look at teh Profi vs Cabrio the Recaro's much deeper in the sides and has better Anti-submarine protection and against "pre-tensioner" burns... :scratch:

Will have to do some more digging about and have a look at Group1+ seats...

Storm Warning, where did the Seat expert work? Stupid to say especially where child safety's concerned, but you know that commision comes into their recomendations too!

Can't see one of the best seat manufacturer's in the world comprimising of safety, especially as they sell masses in the "litigation-happy" USofA

It was specifically the Young Sport and Young Expert I was looking at and it was only our opinion rather than that of the sale sperson when looking at them. We didn't feel the Recaro was as well padded or offer as much side protection as others, also,from previous experience the recline option is very useful which others did better. I don't know about the younger models however the 3yr+ Monza looked good, but I wasn't in the market for one.

The sales person was in Halfrauds, I'm guessing there is no comission there? at least there wasn't when I worked for them :oops: Their comment on certain kind of clientele is almost ironic given the type of products they sell in there!

If anyone is in the area of kiddicare I strongly recommend their facilities for seats.