Sign in to follow this  
jackflash

In for a respray - exterior ideas?

Right, following my little 'off' a month or so ago the rado is finally in the spray shop having the dents removed and a full respray in the original aqua blue pearl, but I'm toying with a few other ideas whilst it's there. Subtlety is key, so I'm thinking of leaving the side dent strips off and debadging and filling it at the rear, possibly also removing and filling the side repeaters. Any other ideas while I'm at it? (Not including welding across the numerplate recess!)

dont think you can remove the side repeaters for legal reasons. you could get the groove in the wing mirrors filled so they are smooth, remove the roof aerial completly or put a little shark fin style one on there (like BMWs have) remove the roof strips and have them filled and smoothed over, get the lips on the arches rolled back (incase you havent already). smooth the sills over to get rid of the bumpy texture, fit and colour code some passat rear door handles...

You can smooth the side repeaters but you must still be able to see indication from the side to pass the MOT unless your friendly with the MOT man :)

Cheers for the ideas all. Am I right in thinking only the rear arches can be rolled as the fronts have the plastic guard inside? Also are the passat handles a stright swap (as in no cutting of the door needed?)

that is the only issue, but as most people have alarm systems linked up to their central locking, they dont need to use the key, unless the keyfob stops working. In which case you go in through the boot i suppose ??

get an evo bonnet vent smoothed in, non functional of course :lol:

grill sprayed? rear numberplate plastic surround sprayed? tbh there isn't much to do on a corrado, they very well designed and come pretty darn colour coded already.