Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Scirocco storms? worth much/rare? UPDATE pg3

someone mentioned they have a scirocco they need to get rid of and that it was a storm but needed an engine, i've no idea on the condition of anything else, but should be seeing it next week, he wants £150 for, but may take £100.

i think it'll be quite tatty for that money, but who knows until i see it, it is worth saving?

Yeah, definately worth that all day long! Definately buy it!

It should either be Cosmos Blue (a sort of metallic sky blue) with blue leather, or Havanna Brown with brown leather. I prefer the Havanna myself.. but either would be worth getting :)

well i'm going up there next week, so ill try and take some pics

but tbh if he isn't fixing it up himself it must be quite a lot of work as he likes his dubs

Well can I please have next / first dibs on it? Not for me but Tempest has a MK2 Rocco Storm and is always on the lookout for bits. If your mate doesn't want it, i'm sure Tempest would do everything in his power to take it off your hands!

i did think of the forum when he mentioned it, as i've not really got the knowledge/time/experience to do something like that. i'll keep you updated, and hope it turns out to be worthwhile.

Hmm, sounds interesting.

Storms are definitely worth saving: As only 300 were produced in Havanabrown and 300 in Cosmosblue (have that in writing from VW Milton Keynes even), so 600 in total, all for the UK market only, they are holding a premium value amongst all the Mk2 Roccos.

Considering that the Storm was the first Mk2 with the big rear spoiler and colour-coded full bodykit (both of which later became standard on all Mk2 Roccos), Montreal alloys (which I don't like, but hey; they were later introduced on the Mk2 Goolf 16V), full leather interior (never available in any other Mk2 model again), automatic aerial, smoothed tailgate with VW and Scirocco-Storm decals on the rear panel, Karmann logos on the B-pillars, available in 2 colours which were never used again, the Storms were pretty rare at the time, and certainly now. It was the top-model Mk2 Rocco in its days, going for a cool 10k back in 1984, and they sold out like hot cakes (people must have had money back then :lol:).

Tempest

It has to be said that I'm not a big fan of the Mk2s, but the Mk1s are bloomin' gorgeous...even in brown :lol:

but the Mk1s are bloomin' gorgeous

Just for you then Dom, piccie of a meet last weekend down in Beaulieu :-):

Tempest

right i saw the guy lastnight with a few questions and established its not blue or brown, but something called Larza (sp) green and has leather interior, and its a W-reg, he's sure its a storm

again he said it just needs an engine, i'll be getting pics next week

but the Mk1s are bloomin' gorgeous

Just for you then Dom, piccie of a meet last weekend down in Beaulieu :-):

Tempest

You should have givwen me a shout Eric, I don't live too far from Beaulieuieueuueuueueueueuaaauauaueeiiru (sp?) Could have met up for a pint...

right i saw the guy lastnight with a few questions and established its not blue or brown, but something called Larza (sp) green and has leather interior, and its a W-reg, he's sure its a storm

Silver-grun... in Mk1 form?

Storm guide

Silver-grun... in Mk1 form?

Storm guide

If it is, rip his arm off!

If it is actually Lhasa Green, then I suspect it'll be a Mk2 (pics of a Mk2 Goof in Lhasa Green)

W plate falls within Mk1 end of run IIRC... Could have been sprayed?

£100 for Rocco leather is a damn good price.. Now why haven't you released details yet?

Would sound like a Mk1 Storm :shock: , if there weren't the inconsistency of the colour. Pictures are needed :-)

OK, even if it is a resprayed Mk1 Storm, they're not as rare in production numbers as the Mk2s, but anything Mk1 is rare in its own right, because there's hardly any left, let alone Storm models !

Tempest

Just one point to pick up on here, Tempest's "review" is nearly correct, but Mk2's had leather listed as an option on the price lists, not certain how many took it up, but it was certainly available on other Mk2s.

Apart from that - I ain't sellin' mine.... ;)

right the mystery becomes clear, its had a respray at some point, he says it has brown leather so i guess it was originally havanna brown.

i'm going to see it on weds/thurs of next week, he mentioned it has a bit of rot, it may end up being sold in parts (dash, interior, wheels etc)

he was quite shocked when i said there were only 600

Hm, OK, let the pictures speak then as far as deciding whether it's a Mk1 or Mk2.

Shouldn't have said that :lol: He may want more dosh :lol:

Tempest

Hm, OK, let the pictures speak then as far as deciding whether it's a Mk1 or Mk2.

Shouldn't have said that :lol: He may want more dosh :lol:

Tempest

Ah but once he knows it is he just says nah it's a normal one with a leather option.. hands over £100 and skips off down teh road! heheheheheh... Which of course never crossed your mind Eric? ;)

he said it has the round lights at the front so think thats a mk1, he is a good friend and its the one helping to fit some bits to my corrado. I knew he had mk1/mk2 golfs, used to have a mk2 scirocco and camper van, so likes his vw's.

When i mentioned that it could be rare, he said not to tempt him into keeping it :lol: he wants to build a mk1 golf with a vr6 in the rear at some point, i told him why not a VR6 scirocco :D

he said it has the round lights at the front so think thats a mk1 {/quote]

Yup, Mk1. Don't think someone would have modded a Mk2 Storm by fiting round headlights (it has been done on Mk2 Roccos :-) ).

i told him why not a VR6 scirocco :D

Nose-heavy, losing the Roccos main characteristic, that of excellent cornering capabilities. G60 would be a better match for the Rocco. Or even a 1.8T :-)

Tempest