Sign in to follow this  
8vtornado

is your g60 a spurter or a dribbler?!

couple of questions, just wondering if anyone can help out...

1. after rebuilding my charger i wanted to see how much oil was comin from the oil return line on the charger to see that oil was getting thru, but at idle it just kinda dribbles out, i was expecting more like pi**ing out, does any1 with a fully working g60 know if this is ok?

2. my oil smells of petrol too, could this be the idle valve as on cold start the car sometimes splutters as it starts up before correcting itself and idling fine, could this be flooding it and putting petrol in the oil? could it also be anything to do with the fact taht the car isnt being driven anywhere at the mo, just started up every weeek or 2?

thanks in advance

If your oil pressure in genereal is fine and your feed/return lines are in good health and not leaking etc then your charger will be getting the oil it needs.

Have I mis-intupreted your thread,did you have it idling the the return line diss'd off ?

Your oil return, should be like that as the oil heats up more will feed though. but don't run the charger with out ant oil going to it!!!!! :shock: