Sign in to follow this  
RichieSounds

Air con passenger side trim

I was just wondering if anyone with AC in their Corrado could have a look at the trim with built in shelf around the passenger foot well - is it a hacked up frankenstein job done when the aftermarket kit was installed, or is it a proper VW AC friendly part? I've just spent a half a day trying to make mine look good (it was originally hacked to pieces by the installer and botched together) and I'm quite pleased with the result: my version even covers the AC pipes coming in through the firewall.

Let's see yours!

From what I can remember on mine - the shelf had a cut out in it that was covered by a plastic plate which bulged down slightly and the shelf just wasn't very deep all the way across.

i don't like looking there, i caught a glimse once and saw quite a lot of mastic/sealant stuff, so looked away and tried to forget it was there....

Yeah mine was hacked to bits too on my dealer fit diavia kit. In the hot 2006 summer I left my car in the sun and it got so hot that all the mastic / glue fell off and the plastic plate then stuck to my carpet. To this day I am still missing a back to my shelf, which makes it pretty useless really.

that sounds quite DIY... has anyone got one that's OE I wonder?

Sadly you could only get OE AC on LHD cars (woo for acronyms), so that is as good as it gets on a RHD Corrado. The parts I had on mine were all official VW/Diavia bits and that was how it was supposed to fit.