Sign in to follow this  
niggelvr6

Another tragic death of a corrado !

ok another update

i am getting my car back tommorow hopefully in the same condition as it left !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my insurance have offered me £1700 and the car !

can anyone advise me as to an opinion of this figure as i think they are taking the f*/?in piss

they have told me that the have an engineer that values the car on its specific condition and history to give a fair value

not just a parkers book price

obviously they dont look online to see what price these cars ar currently selling for or are actualy worth

i am seriously considdering telling them i want more and i want it re-valued but not sure on my best approach

can anyone help with this or maybe just some examples of similar cases.

Best bet is to have a dig around on the internet for cars of similar condition to yours and send this through as evidence of current values and then ask for an amount. TBH most insurance companies always start low and will give you more cash if you push. As for getting the car back again it saves them having to deal with it aside from some storage costs so it is in their interest.

I had a similar thing happen to me a couple of years ago and its gutting, especially when your insurance goes up because somebody else decided to drive into a parked car.

My mate declined his first 2 offers when his integra was written off and eventually got what he paid for the car a year earlier.

They'll always try and pay out as little as possible so never accept a first offer. You'll need to do some digging and find some similar condition cars to prove what it's worth

hi all thought id post another update

i recived the full report on the car today

ITS GOOD

the total for the repair came to £4306.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and so you all know a new rear bumper is £450

and a rear quarter pannel is £460 if available !!!!

the car was valued at £2022.00

hence being writen off

im looking into doing the work myself

know where there is a jig and the costs are all for replacing the pannels ect so a bit of time and effort and may be ok

may even have enough to do a complete respray and get it re checked to get it off the writen off register !

any way ill keep ypu all posted

hi yes the grading is a cat c write off so it needs a vic check and re mot

just need to find out if there is any thing else to do i have stared pulling and bashing got some pics will post them soon its not looking to bad got most of the shape back into the quarter pannel