Sign in to follow this  
grey-vr6-dan

What ABS Module should my car have?

Does anyone know what modules should be fitted to certain cars? My car had 1HO 907 379 C fitted but i was getting some random problems with the abs and vag com wasn't showing anything so I thought I would change the control module to eliminate that, but one from ebay is 535 907 379 E. The ebay one makes the light illuminate permanently and nothing in vag com and no abs. The original module isn't the original I don't think as the red gluey stuff over the connector had been broken. So I need to know what part number my car is meant to be fitted with! Its a '93 VR6.

Should be a 1H0 907 379E (* - at least the "E" rev was what was fitted to my '95 VR6).

Sounds like you need to check out the power supply relays for the ABS controller if you had one of those and it wasn't showing up in VAG-COM (assuming that you can get to the main ECU of course).

Thanks for that. The problem was that sometimes at total random the light would come on and the abs would switch off until I restart it. This other module off ebay doesnt work at all! I will look out for the E revision module you have and give one of them a go. That way I can eliminate control module probs.

Might be worth checking the ABS relays. Like I say, it'll chuck an error if it loses power and disable the ABS (obviously).

I have a spare abs module that I picked up with a loom for a mk2 conversion. Tried it on my car and seems to work fine. Its a E version off a 94 vr6. drop me a pm.