Sign in to follow this  
vr6storm

Scottish region rolling road day 2003

hi all,

just thought i'd mention that the VWCCGB(Scottish region)are having their annual rolling road day at Star-performance,Glenrothes on Sunday 16th March 2003 from 10am onwards

this is open to all vwccgb members and non-members alike...though obviously members take priority if the demand is high for runs on the rolling road,anyway here is a link to the scottish region website....if you don't already know it

http://www.kf010a4571.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

and here is the link for Star-performance too

http://www.starperformance.co.uk/

i know this will mainly be of interest to the scottish contingent here but as there is a few NE england members now,its well worth them coming up for as normally the guys at Star-performance have a few bits'n'bobs for sale too and will be able to give you advice on any problems and future plans you might have with your C

there is also talk of a burger-van being on-site too so hopefully the weather will hold up and it'll be a good day out 8) :o

also there was limited spaces for getting your steering geometry checked and adjusted for the low price of £40+vat.........although this has still to be confirmed for this year,i'll keep you all posted about this

anyway here's some pics from last years event

Ok, technically tuning, but probably better in General.

Looks like a good meet Roddie, how many do you normally get?

Why Bother watching that!!

One Celtic will lose

Two They always play each other in the final so its been seen before!!! :lol: hasnt it?

Why Bother watching that!!

One Celtic will lose

Two They always play each other in the final so its been seen before!!! :lol: hasnt it?

Lol, I wont argue with you there, its just I promised the other guy at my work that I would work that day so he could go and watch it.

Ill be doing a 12.5 hour shift that day. :x

Ok, technically tuning, but probably better in General.

Looks like a good meet Roddie, how many do you normally get?

no problem didn't know where to actually post it either :?

last year was my first one that i'd been to and there were between 10 and 12 there,hopefully this year i might be able to persuade munkay and a few other newish C-owners up here in aberdeen to go down too,there was a wee unofficial meet at stirling castle between xmas and new year recently and that attracted approx 13 C's and was a good day out :D

so hopefully we can get that sort of numbers too

Roddy, don't forget to do me a write-up and post some photos so I can put them in the Club Magazine.... :lol:

no problem jez,

i've also just done a wee write up for the stirling un-official meet just passed........e-mailed it to john kerr last night for inclusion in the regional round-up.....so he should be e-mailing it to you soon

also there was limited spaces for getting your steering geometry checked and adjusted for the low price of £40+vat.........although this has still to be confirmed for this year,i'll keep you all posted about this

Hi Roddy the geometry is not on this year but apparently they will do it at a discounted rate for club members at other times.

see you there

laters

Hi Roddy the geometry is not on this year but apparently they will do it at a discounted rate for club members at other times.

see you there

laters

cheers tony........was going to e-mail jim/brian over this weekend about the geometry to see if it was on for this year or not....so you've saved me some time :thumb right:

I pre-booked a spot at Stirling and they said not this year DOH!!! Can't justufy the petrol just to go up to StarP so need to find somewhere local.

This is my third year and its a top day out

Tony, Drivers do wheel alignement for approx £40, Im planning on getting mine done soon so will let you know how I get on.

Joe M, Our local VW dealers do the full bhoona 4 wheel alignment too. Don`t know how much they charge though or if they can work properly. :lol: :mrgreen:

Whats the point in getting 4 wheel alignment when only the front 2 wheels are adjustble for camber and tracking the back 2 are on a fixed axle and are not adjustable its just a waste of money really if you get charged for 4 wheel alignment.

sorry to interupt!!

Carry on!! :D

I Thin you'll find the C and the passat need the correct 4 wheel alignment cos of the rear beam steering effect, I remember reading something about it once.

Tony, Drivers do wheel alignement for approx £40, Im planning on getting mine done soon so will let you know how I get on.

Cheers Joe let me know how you get on.

I'll be honest and say I've never heard good things about drivers when it comes to there alarms and stereo installs. But that was a good few years ago. They must be doing somehting right as they have moved to a bigger shop.

l8trs

Anybody going from the west coast and wanting to travel through to Star together,let me know and we can meet up. :?: :mrgreen:

for all those going to the scottish rolling road day at star next month.......i've now been told that its from 9am onwards......well thats according to john kerr who is the scottish region host

hth

Anybody going from the west coast and wanting to travel through to Star together,let me know and we can meet up. :?: :mrgreen:

Where abouts on the west coast are you below Glasgow or above. Think I will be meeting my mate on the way up (4th road bridge Roysth side) if thats on route I'll be up for it Mr Green

There's a garage in Bonnybridge that does 4 wheel alignment its called Pro Grip used them myself (good service) thinks its around £45

Pro Grip

Unit 8,

Canal Bank Industrial Estate

BonnyBridge

Tel : 01324 810111

Where abouts on the west coast are you below Glasgow or above. Think I will be meeting my mate on the way up (4th road bridge Roysth side) if thats on route I'll be up for it Mr Green[/quote:5b1bb]Fat Tony, Yeah Tony I am south of Glasgow so I would be heading the same way as you.Across the M8 and over the Forth road bridge, give us a shout nearer the time and we can sort out a place to meet. :mrgreen:

Having only recently joined CCGB, I'm quite keen to take the VR6 up for the day. It's an absolutely bog standard car though, with the exception of a K&N panel air filter. Would be nice to see what it's putting out though (although I suspect it's nowhere near what it should be :( )

Never been to one of these meets (although I did ogle the small collection of Corrados in Biggar last year :thumb right: ), so looking forward to meeting you all and seeing your wheels :D

Jamie

Having only recently joined CCGB, I'm quite keen to take the VR6 up for the day. It's an absolutely bog standard car though, with the exception of a K&N panel air filter. Would be nice to see what it's putting out though (although I suspect it's nowhere near what it should be :( )

Never been to one of these meets (although I did ogle the small collection of Corrados in Biggar last year :thumb right: ), so looking forward to meeting you all and seeing your wheels :D

Jamie

well you'll be more than welcome jamie....you never know your C might surprise you......but weren't you at the wee stirling meet last year too?

well you'll be more than welcome jamie....you never know your C might surprise you......but weren't you at the wee stirling meet last year too?

No, I had planned to try and make it, but for some reason (can't remember now) I couldn't make it. Got a bit more time on my hands this year, so hopefully should make it to a few more meets (enjoyed the drive down to Biggar a lot last year, one of the last drives in my faithful old Scirocco).

Cheers,

Jamie