Sign in to follow this  
dr_mat

pug 206 speedo dead

The missus' 2001 1.4 GLX 206 has lost it's speedo and mileometer, just wondering if anyone knows whether it's a cable drive (read cheap) or an electronic drive system (read expensive)?

Looks like the speedo jumps a little when you turn the ignition on, so it doesn't appear that the dash end has lost power.

Hmm hopefully just a sensor on the gearbox but a mate of mine had a 2001 206 new and it had about 4 instrument clusters in 6 months to fix the above fault...

Hmm hopefully just a sensor on the gearbox but a mate of mine had a 2001 206 new and it had about 4 instrument clusters in 6 months to fix the above fault...

Sigh. :(

Do you happen to know roughly where the sender unit is on the gearbox? Is it a git to change? There's a few on ebay, might be worth a punt if I don't have to take the whole car apart to swap it... (And if the gearbox isn't going to lose all it's oil in doing so! :) )

I don't but on the C it's on top of the box and it's the only electrical connection going to it apart from the reverse light switch (on the shifter tower) - best to have a look for a plug...

It'll likely be the dash, a mates car had the same problem! Its easy to remove so just whip it out and drive down the road watching the cable to see if it turns. That will give you a definite answer!