Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

Parental Guidance

Here's my PG. :D "JOGS".

Been on here for a while and never done a decent thread about my G60 so thought I'd start one. Deleted the otheres mods so please don't lock! :)

It needs so much doing to it and I need to get it all done before I buy my first house or else mortgage is going to make it impossible. Gonna get it resprayed in original colour. I repaired my little argument with my girlfriend's wall I had earlier in the year. Colour match is really bad but what do you expect out of a spray can?

Charger was last rebuilt 17k ago but I want to get it done for piece of mind. I'm like that. It needs a good service, oil, plugs, dizzy cap, leads - the usual bits and pieces. Gonna drop it closer to the road as well if budget allows. Also a new tailpipe would be nice. Gonna give the bay a good clean as it looks like there's been mud wrestling going on inside it.

Think the power steering pump is in the process of imploding. Steering is starting to feel real heavy and it sounds a little strained. It's leaking coolant from somewhere. Looks like the good old thermo housing due to it being encrusted in whiteness.

Interior wise it needs some new carpets due to some cigarette burns :(. Also the stereo and speakers are awful. Gonna get some Alpine kit to go in it.

Anyway here's some pics....

2d7f1709f9.jpg

6c4d92c960.jpg

82974824dd.jpg

d9773d182d.jpg

Also I noticed a strange thing today. I let my girlfriend drive it (yeah I must be in love) and it's the first time I've ever been in the passenger seat. The funny thing was when I'm driving I can hear the charger but it ain't all that loud, but from the passenger side it sounds a lot louder and even more awesome. Does anyone else suffer from this strange phenomononon?

Enough to keep you going then, at least when your inside its nice and comfortable.

You hit the nail on the head fix the stereo and all the other problems will be fixed, just turn up the music and enjoy a noise free corrado :lol:

I can hear the charger but it ain't all that loud, but from the passenger side it sounds a lot louder and even more awesome. Does anyone else suffer from this strange phenomononon?

Yes I did notice that in my old G60 too.. but no small wonder considering the G-Lader and the airbox are all over on that side so its inevitable any charger / induction noise is going to be more noticable!

Also try sitting in the back of a Corrado when you have a loud exhaust and get a friend to drive the car.. you get to see what your passengers have to put up with! I did try it and found out why people used to bitch when they had to sit in the back of my old G60! :)

Enough to keep you going then, at least when your inside its nice and comfortable.

You hit the nail on the head fix the stereo and all the other problems will be fixed, just turn up the music and enjoy a noise free corrado :lol:

It is a noisy old thing! Squeeky belts, superchargers and broken power steering pumps. I do love it though. :D

Here's a picture of the bay:

d28f4e4170.jpg

Also try sitting in the back of a Corrado when you have a loud exhaust and get a friend to drive the car.. you get to see what your passengers have to put up with! I did try it and found out why people used to bitch when they had to sit in the back of my old G60! :)

:lol: Oh well, if they weren't bitching about the noise they'd just be bitching about how cramped they were....

:lol: Oh well, if they weren't bitching about the noise they'd just be bitching about how cramped they were....

Lots of my mates don't like getting my C due to very loud metal coming through the sub, a boomy backbox and they always think they're gonna die as they're not used to high cornering speeds and the huge grip that goes with the C. I don't care, it saves me petrol money. :D

Nice car btw. 8)

Nice car btw. 8)

Cheers buddy! Can't wait to get the paint and speakers sorted so it looks mint as I'm blasting Fear Factory out around the streets of Ipswich in my last few months of living there.

And regarding grip I've never even got it to the point where there's even a hint that it's gonna give up. I'm not maniacal but I don't hang about either. My girlfriend cracks me up cos she grips the door handle as I go flying into corners. She actually likes it when I get stuck behind someone on a country road. Not that I'm stuck for very long. Right hand indicator and second gear soon sees to that. :D

Maybe I should let her drive it more often so she can learn to fully appreciate it.....

Edit: Obviously I only attempt overtaking manoeuvres when it is safe to do so.

Cheers buddy! Can't wait to get the paint and speakers sorted so it looks mint as I'm blasting Fear Factory out around the streets of Ipswich in my last few months of living there.

Maybe I should let her drive it more often so she can learn to fully appreciate it.....

You need to get out the toothbrush and clean those hard-to-reach places :lol:

FF are great for playing at the proper volume, I'm not a huge fan of their later stuff, but Demanufacture is a great album. This week I have been mostly listening to 80s and 90s Megadeth. Technical mastery.

As for letting the missus drive it, she might enjoy it so much she gets her own and then gets revenge! Beware! :lol:

Now theres a name i not heard in a long time fear factory

Saw them twice at Brixton Academy back in the day, good honest fun.

I only saw them once in 1998. Demanufacture is superb. I liked some of the stuff off Obsolete but I kind of stopped following them after that. They were nothing without Dino. He made that band. How can somebody with such short, chubby fingers play the guitar like that? It's obscene.

Hopefully if I let her drive it she'll want one too so we can get a VR6 as well. 8) She's considering selling the Celica and has been looking at getting another Puma (her last one was the single most unreliable car I have ever met, it was fun though). There must be a way I can persuade her to get a Rado.

Now theres a name i not heard in a long time fear factory

I saw them open the big day out festival in Sydeny a couple of years back, always makes me smile, 35 degrees, middle of the day, and thye are giving it some serious beans up on stage. Awesome.

Another good band to play at ASBO attracting volume is White Zombie. God I'm such a nineties throw back....

Well, found something else that needs fixing. I bought this car in April when it was fairly warm. As I always do when Purchasing a new motor vehicle I checked that all the electrics were working. This included the heaters and blowers and they were all working perfectly. Now that it has got colder and I actually need said electrical components, the other morning I went to turn the blowers on and.... I don't think I even need to finish that sentence do I? :lol:

Another good band to play at ASBO attracting volume is White Zombie. God I'm such a nineties throw back....

Well, found something else that needs fixing. I bought this car in April when it was fairly warm. As I always do when Purchasing a new motor vehicle I checked that all the electrics were working. This included the heaters and blowers and they were all working perfectly. Now that it has got colder and I actually need said electrical components, the other morning I went to turn the blowers on and.... I don't think I even need to finish that sentence do I? :lol:

I might have a motor by the weekend, and they're super easy to change, take the shelf below the glovebox off, unplug the motor, pull a tab down, turn it and it falls out.

I might have a motor by the weekend, and they're super easy to change, take the shelf below the glovebox off, unplug the motor, pull a tab down, turn it and it falls out.

I'll buy said motor from your good self. Drop me a pm mate when you've got it. Think I'll need it in working order for the winter ahead.... :shaking: Think I'll just have a go at getting the old motor out.