Sign in to follow this  
yogiontour

My car won't start...Bad electronics?

i think when mine had a problem it just won't start, but turned over

not sure, it was the previous owner that encountered that

Ok....it cant be the alarm / imobiliser because thats inside the car and I dont think it would kill all power to the whole car... so what would, and make my car alarm go off every time i try and open it?

yogintour - had same problem with my car. Sometimes was ok other times i turn the key and everything dies EVERYTHING. Had a fiddle with the battery connectors and it was fine. Check for loose battery connectors.

Intermittent killing of all the power to the the car coupled with the fact that it seems to earth out leads me to belive its a dodgey connector somewhere....just hoping it is!

I had exactly the same prob last week, check the wiring down at the starter motor, mine had sheared off the crimped terminal with wear an tear, maybe check the battery has a charge in it too, as mine wasnt getting a charge due to the dodgy wire

I have to drive with my lower cowling off as my ignition seems to have a dodgy connection, just have to press the connectors together... looks like I'm hotwiring it tho!