Sign in to follow this  
Garry

Speedo & Rev Counter Jumping

My speedo & rev counter have developed an intermitant fault which is causing them both to jump / flicker. It is usually from start up and gradually dissapears as the car gets warmer which suggests to me that it may be damp/water related.

Has anyone come across this problem before?

Cheers

Garry

yep mine has been doing it for ages, i have tried the usual, checking all the earth connections, cleaning every contact on the clocks, making sure my phone is nowhere near the clocks, it does seem to do it when i put my foot on the brakes, when the fan kicks in or when the spoiler lifts so would seem to be related to spikes in the electrical system but it doesnt effect anything else, I might try changing the regulator on the back of the clocks as there is nothing else left to try that i can think of, the problem most people seem to report is just the rev counter bouncing but all of my guages do it.

mine is doing exactly the same i have just got the car but with mine when speedo starts jumping my active spoiler starts dancing too .....any ideas ??

My rev speedo does it and been told from some 1 on here its the speed sensor on the gearbox but i have not replaced it yet so cant confirm, my rev needle used to do it but its fixed itself for now.

i think i changed the voltage regulater on the back of the alternator when mine started doing stuff like that, worth a go for 10 quid anyway! try gsf