Sign in to follow this  
BigD

corrado buying advise

hi guys, im hopefully selling my car this weekend so will have money to finaly look for a vr6, ive spotted this one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=009

but im worried as he metions it has a sound like piston slap on start up which is comon, is this true ? will it have any adverse effects over time, as i dont want to be spending loads of dosh in a few months/weeks down the line.

cheers dave.

Worth printing the buyers guide if you've not already...

Piston Slap is common on VR's as they age but this could also be due to chain / tensioner wear...

Worth printing the buyers guide if you've not already...

Piston Slap is common on VR's as they age but this could also be due to chain / tensioner wear...

cheers mate, i did have a look at the wiki guide in the link but couldnt spot anything about the piston slap, but i had a good search on the forum as my first atempt didnt turn up any results, and found my answers.

Piston slap when cold is common on even young VR6 engines, let alone old ones. The timing chain sound is quite distinctive though and you're unlikely to mis-diagnose one as the other.

Piston slap when cold is common on even young VR6 engines, let alone old ones. The timing chain sound is quite distinctive though and you're unlikely to mis-diagnose one as the other.

cheers mate.