Sign in to follow this  
Connorado

VDO CRUISE CONTROL???

This is a call for any information regarding cruise control on UK corrados.....

When i bought my VR it came with a VDO Cruise control system (comprising of an ECU under the dash and a mechanincal actuator under the bonnent which pulls on a second throttle cable and what looks like the stalk shown in the manual), its always been broken but i never really thought much of it, now i want to get it working i cant seem to find any info about it at all. Does anyone know if this was factory/after market option (maybe like the Diavia a/c)? i know american spec cars had it but was it a VDO or was it VAG?

any info would be greatly appreciated.... done loads of searches but kind really find anything out?

ta

Fairly sure it was a factory option but not particuarly popular thing to have in the UK at the time hence the rarity...

There isn't that much to it tbh looking at ETKA, only problem is some of the stuff is obselete like the throttle linkage...

Whats not actually working on yours?? may just be a vac leak?

As far as i can tell it doesnt have any kind of vacum hoses, seems to work of the coil instead (fed from the tacho), just need to see how it is all meant to be wired up... previous owner unplugged it all.

As far as i can tell it doesnt have any kind of vacum hoses, seems to work of the coil instead (fed from the tacho), just need to see how it is all meant to be wired up... previous owner unplugged it all.

Humn after spending sometime chatting to the supercharged about this on the phone the other day and then flicking through the bentley and ETKA the system that the yanks use is a capsule to pull the throttle attached to a vacuum pump. This is electronically controlled by input from the cruise control ECU, the cruise control stick and a hall sender on the back of the instrument cluster.

Yours maybe a fully electronic version, if so there will be a switch on both the brake and throttle pedals to allow the cruise control to be over-riden by driver input. You will also still have the ecu so I would suggest plugging it all back in, checking the fuses and see what happens.

Be good if you could get some pics of the setup as to run the vacuum one with all new bits from VAG is only going to cost about £250 and should be a fairly easy install.

i'll definatley get some photos on the go..

the problem is ive connected it all up and the actuator motor (which controls the throttle) just seems to spin endlessly when the ignition is on, could do with seeing someone else' set up to make sure that wiring is all ok before i start looking at the actuator or ECU.