Sign in to follow this  
ejmgt

problem with my head unit

just bought my first corrado and i noticed that the sterio always seems to be on even with the keys out of the car, so i chaged the sterio for my own sony one which worked fine in my polo but now has the same issue as the old one in the corrado. i dont understand why its got a constant power suppply keeping it on i have to turn it off manualy or take the face off to turn it off.

any help guys ?

Probably just the switched and constant power wires need to be switched around. Most wiring looms have plugs on both of these wires so they can be reversed to prevent the problem you're having!

Aye, as above - it's usually a red and yellow wire that you need to switch around, but check in the head unit manual first!

if ur refering to the wire loom which came from the cd player i had already switched the wires around. the problem im having seems to be just cause of the car not the cd player or the cd player loom. its just always got powerno matter what. i want it to turn on when i put the key in not n e time b4