Sign in to follow this  
kevlar

bidding on german ebay

has anyone done this before?

i dont have clue, i cant even read the german text, and i havnt even made a bid on the uk ebay so im am a rank amateur when it comes to this sort of thing.

can anyone point me in the right direction?

cheers

Well Kevlar, I was going to translate everything for you. However, if you join ebay.co.uk and then use the same log in and password. It looks like ebay.de knows who you are.

All you gtota do then is make sure the person selling the stuff you want will ship to the UK.

Near the bottom of the page it'll say, Versand Nur Nach - Deutschland. for only Germany or maybe Deutschland und Europe or Weltweit for worldwide.

You can always ask the seller. Frage an der Verkaufer is ask the seller a question. Ask in English cos most Germans know some, enough to get by with.

I haven't bought anything from Germany but the prices are pretty good I think and providing they'll ship to the UK you could save a fair bit.

Gavin

I'll try not to reiterate the good advice Gavin has given, but just to add that I've bought stuff on e-bay from someone in Germany and had no problems with it.

What I'll add is that there's an option of "available to the UK" on e-bay and if the listing appears on that then you should be fine.

The only thing you have to be careful of is payment. If you're using any kind of bank transfer to pay in Euro's they will usually charge you fairly steeply for the transaction!

DtM.

I've now bought BBS RM splits and a 65mm G60 pulley!! Had no problems with either and both where an apsolute bargain compared to the prices over here. Think, if I remeber right, the 65mm pulley(brand new) was only £17 then about £5 P&P. :lol: :lol:

Although I say that I did buy a steering wheel on american Ebay and never recieved it!! :evil: