Sign in to follow this  
chris CORRADO

MFA computer MPG... question weird

when i bourght the car i could use the MFA on the MPG function it read like 28.8 and stuff varied

this morning i turned on the car as normal i flicked through the MFA and the reading for MPG is 99.9 LOL i think the sensor's gone !!!!! btw where is it coz maybe it has fallen off ????

any help please

:D

-----------

chris

The MPG is fed via a vacuum hose from the engine bay... If this falls off then you'll get mad readings like 99.9... It may also affect the engine's running as well as you'll have a vacuum leak in the system somewhere... :?

It's also worth checking all of the ends of the vacuum hoses (thin plastic tubes) as they have a braided rubber connecting pipe on them which sometimes goes porus and so lets the vacuum leak... :roll:

It may also affect the engine's running as well as

yer it is a bit lumpy like almost stalls in the cold.....

i will look and i will post if it fixes the problem...

:cry: :cry: :cry: still no luck i just can't locate this sencor can anyone please point it out.... it's on a 2.0L 16v i neeeeed to know where the MPG sencor is... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

need pickys

I've got the same problem on my 16v, seems a bit lumpy to start sometimes and quite frequently shows 99.9 for the MPG, so i'd find a picture of the pipe useful too!

ok i looked for ages today and found a random pipe with a 90 degrees elbow on it randomly floating about....... maybe this is it

i will descride it it is like a plastic straw comming out of the right hand side of the air box.... and it is white is this it if so where does it go????

PLEASE HELP ME AND CHRISHILL

-------

chris

:cry:

The vacume pipe on mine goes to the back of the dash ( speedo clocks ) , i think this is the sensor , when the car is at idle can you hear an air leak from behind the dash ? if so the pipe may have come off . im not sure where the other end goes to , somewhere on the inlet side so have a listen for any air leaks at the back of the engine .

ok i looked for ages today and found a random pipe with a 90 degrees elbow on it randomly floating about.......

well, that cant be good....