Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Chinese GP Results

The fight goes on to Brazil, Hamilton now only 4 points ahead of Alonso and 7 ahead of Raikkonen. Lots of mathematical possibilities for the Brazilian GP.

Race started with most drivers on intermediates and Hamilton was romping away from second place Raikkonen at about a second per lap. Intermittent rain for the first half of the race meant that moving to dry tyres was not an option. At Hamiltons first pit stop he did not change tyres, even though they were looking pretty worn. Raikkonen then started to challenge and eventually passed to take the lead. At this point Hamilton was really struggling and Alonso, in third, was catching him at about 2 seconds per lap. When Hamilton was eventually called in to the pits to move on to dry tyres he ran off the pit lane and beached the car in the gravel trap - race over.

Martin Whitmarsh (CEO of McLaren) admitted afterwards that the team should have called him in 1 or 2 laps earlier than they did, it was clear that the tyres were totally shot, the right rear was down to the canvas. Hamilton said that he could only feel how bad his rear tyres were as his mirrors were so caked in dirt that he couldn't actually see the tyres.

Chinese Grand Prix result - 56 laps

1. RAIKKONEN Ferrari

2. ALONSO McLaren +9.8s

3. MASSA Ferrari +12.8s

4. VETTEL Toro Rosso +53.5s

5. BUTTON Honda +1m08.6s

6. LIUZZI Toro Rosso +1m13.6s

7. HEIDFELD BMW +1m14.2s

8. COULTHARD Red Bull +1m20.7s

9. KOVALAINEN Renault +1m21.1s

10. WEBBER Red Bull +1m24.6s

11. FISICHELLA Renault +1m26.6s

12. WURZ Williams +1 lap

13. TRULLI Toyota +1 lap

14. SATO Super Aguri +1 lap

15. BARRICHELLO Honda +1 lap

16. ROSBERG Williams +2 laps

17. YAMAMOTO Spyker +3 laps

R. KUBICA BMW +23 laps

R. HAMILTON McLaren +26 laps

R. SCHUMACHER Toyota +31 laps

R. SUTIL Spyker +32 laps

R. DAVIDSON Super Aguri +45 laps

Championship Table

01 Lewis Hamilton 107

02 Fernando Alonso 103

03 Kimi R

I do hope that Hamilton does the business for a few reasons - home grown talent, bout time something exciting hapenned in F1 and Alonso comes across a right smarmy p**ck and could do with going down a peg or two...

I do hope that Hamilton does the business for a few reasons - home grown talent, bout time something exciting hapenned in F1 and Alonso comes across a right smarmy p**ck and could do with going down a peg or two...

Yeah I was not entirely happy with his comment about 'this years championship has been decided off the track' I know what he meant by that but it just seems like he is making excuses for being a mardy get.

Quality - at least another couple of weeks for Alonso to believe he has a sliver of hope before Hamilton slaps him (again) like a biatch.

Nando is going to cry like a sodding baby when he loses in Brazil... can't wait

:D

Just watched Hamiltons misfortune in the race. Why oh why didnt the team bring Hamilton a couple of laps earlier.

I really hope Hamilton brings it to Alonso.

tbh, i think the entertainment value of Raikkonen making comeback of the season and upsetting them both would be hilarious :lol:

tbh id rather Raikkonen win the championship then Alonso, IF Hamilton doesnt.

I dunno, Ferrari already seem to make the rules as they want them anyway so it would be better if they didnt get both championships.

I have a sneaky feeling that Raikkonen might just nick it from everyone.

Hasn't he also won more GP's than anyone this year, with five wins?

I know he seems to have had a 'charisma lobotomy' when a microphone is stuck in front of his face, but I remember earlier in the season when the commentator asked where he'd been just before the start of the race and he said "I had to go take a sh*t". :lol:

tbh id rather Raikkonen win the championship then Alonso, IF Hamilton doesnt.

I dunno, Ferrari already seem to make the rules as they want them anyway so it would be better if they didnt get both championships.

Maybe so, but Raikonnen doesnt appear to try and shaft his team mate.

Anyway its not over yet, this last race is going to be exciting/nail biting.

...perhaps they should spice it up and settle it like men: race 70 laps and then everyone parks up, gets out of their cars and just runs the 71st lap :lol:

...perhaps they should spice it up and settle it like men: race 70 laps and then everyone parks up, gets out of their cars and just runs the 71st lap :lol:

Ah But the "P***K" (sorry) would just complain that he was given hob-nailed boots by the team where as Hamilton had super-light and fluffy trainers with springs in them!

Maybe they should all stop on the 70th lap pull guns and shoot at Alonso as he drives past?

Or we can always hope he makes a catastrophic error like he did a few years ago at Brazil! ;)

If Ferrari had any sense they'd get Massa to wipe out the 2 McLarens in the first corner, Mr Schumacher style :)

The thing that simply amazes me about this fiasco is that both the FIA and Ferrari are acting as if F1 didn't almost fall apart last year.

For it was only about 12 months ago that the majority of big manufactuers (with the exception of Ferrari), who were so fed up with the way the FIA was managing the sport, fed up with the way that Bernie was unfairly slicing up the teams' cut of the money, fed up with Ferrari's disproportionate influence over the FIA & FOCA were threatening to all quit F1 and set up thier own top level series, leaving the FIA with a "dead duck" F1 championship.

Of course platitudes were offered, Bernie quickly offered them all a shedload more cash from the pot, and that shut them up. But now here we are again only a year later, with Ferrari bending the rules whilst throwing thier lawyers and protests around the pitlane like confetti to get an advantage, whilst Max Mosely is prancing around doing Ferrari's political bidding that you can see the strings going up into the sky.

All this childishness needs to stop for the benefit of all motor sport. Bringing in the big manufacturers may have seemed like a smart move for Bernie, but at the same time these big corporations are neither stupid, or dependant on F1 in the way that the "Garagistes" used to be. If Mercedes, Renault, Toyota, BMW and Honda become tired enough of Fiat's politicking, they could decimate the Formula instantly by walking away. The FIA are influenced by the thought that F1 without Ferrari has no value, but it also has no value if Ferrari have no-one to race against.

One of the interesting things about last weekend was how the FIA were rather unceremoniously reminded how weak thier position is, when Lewis Hamilton apparently articulated to the FIA that if the stewards were prepared to penalise him for Mark Webber's Fuji accident, that he would walk away from F1 there and then... suddenly all the Politics (Ferrari supply engines to STR) were conveniently forgotton and the case was promptly dropped. It's almost a shame that Lewis didn't just go through with it - I'd still admire what he's achieved and F1 really needs the humiliation of something like that to make the FIA see sense.

John

If Lewis wins then maybe he should say shove it and go do other kinds of motorsport.

Think their would be alot of takers.

Hamilton went out with my cousin a couple of years ago. That's probably my only claim to fame - how crap is that?! Anyway, she dumped him in preference for an ex who had screwed her over previsouly and latterly got her pregnant and left her. To think she could have stayed with Lewis...

Anyway, best result for me would be for Hamilton and Alonso to take each other out on the first corner whilst Kimi romps away to his first championship, the way it should have been this year! Poor bloke deserves it more than anyone else after outdriving a naff McLaren for years.

Anyway, best result for me would be for Hamilton and Alonso to take each other out on the first corner whilst Kimi romps away to his first championship, the way it should have been this year! Poor bloke deserves it more than anyone else after outdriving a naff McLaren for years.

Agreed!!! 8) (now that it is impossible for Masa to win, that is)

If they are not carefull this season will be remembered as a complete farce, rather than for the great races, (especially in the wet!), and title battle.

Just when you think F1 is finally sorting itself out, the usual politics, power struggles rear there head yet again. :(

the usual politics, power struggles rear there head yet again. :(

And it's funny how Ferrari always manage to make sure they are deeply involved in them. And that's the reason I have never bought a Ferrari. :lol: