Sign in to follow this  
markieshero

iNDICATOR/HAZARD LIGHT PROBLEM

Dilemma, dilemma,

When I put on my indicators either right or left, both lights come on and the car goes into hazard light mode, only with slightly dimmed lights. :shock: Has anyone come across this before? Are the hazard lights and indicators on a seperate fuse?

I think possibly I touching wires some where on the indicating circuit but I'll need to check this out. The problem seems to come and go but when your piling down the road its very annoying when it happens.

All help appreciated!! :) :)

I'd wager it's a loose connection somewhere (most likely a blown bulb) that's shorting out and causing lights to come on. If you go over a bump it moves and goes off again...

Found problem, thank goodness nothing major, The indicator loom coming back from the indicator lamp was being shorted but the securing clip on the hot air return pipe going into the bottom of the air box. :lol: Required nothing more than some insulation tape. Running sweet again!! full the pipe!! :D :D :fadein: