Sign in to follow this  
matt_corradovr6

which fuel pump?

I think that my fuel pump is about to expire. I have enquired at GSF and they have 2 for a 94 vr both around 90 quid. VW have one at £146 ithink, apparently uprated? the GSF one is Pierburg, not sure what the oe one is or if there is any difference in quality?

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

You want a 4 bar pump, can't remember which is made by who, but have a search on here and you should find some info on it.

Also be aware that the new style pumps have different level sensors on them, so you might also need one of them too.

Cheers, my mate got the one from the dealer and says ita pierburg so the same i guess, but how can i tell if its a 4 bar one?? is that the uprated one. when my buddy had his rrded at storm dev it developed about 220 bhp n/a and they reckoned alot of the increse (it was 211 before) could have been down to better fuel pressure.

ta :D

It'll be the 4 bar one cos they don't sell the 3 bar one any more and I don't think VRs ever came with anything other than the 4 bar one anyway :)

The 3 bar one was only ever used on the G60s and early valvers I believe.

The 3 bar one was only ever used on the G60s and early valvers I believe.

K-jet system runs at over 6 bar, so the early valver fuel pumps run at, closer to 9 bar standard.