Sign in to follow this  
vwspeed

Drivers door won't open

Ok, guys I know this isn't a new post but ...............................

The drivers door won't open on the CL, they key is different to the ignition, typical. I have managed to get the door card off partially to get at things although have incurred some damage to it as a result. I am assuming the door latch is seized as the vacuum pump is working, I have coated the inside of that area of the door with WD40 in an attempt to free up the latch and have done and undone the CL so many times and tried manipulating the door pull up it is getting thoroughly boring. If the door latch is siezed as it seems to be how the hell do I get the door open?

Mike

When you say the vacuum pump is working do you mean the passenger side door, boot and petrol flap locks? Does the door lock with the key?

I could spend about 30 mins explaining whats wrong as I've had the same problem.

Check the wires coming off the door handle make sure they are still intact and make sure the vacuum pipe is not corroded because it will just sound like vacuum is working but instead just sucking air into the system.

The actual rod coming off the drivers door vacuum unit is moving upwards when the CL is operated.

The boot and pax door work fine no issue there with the CL.

Ignition Key is different to the door handle key which I don't have so can't use that to open it.

I had this happen, all I did was remove the door card, and stick a long flat screwdriver down the gap onto the release plate (it's about 10mm wide) and gave it a whack, and my door opened. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I managed to find the spare key for the car yesterday and it clearly works in the lock but won't open the door.

Anyone any ideas how I'm gonna get the door open when it can't be opened using the CL or the key?

I have got most of the door card away to gain access to the door inner but it is very well shrouded by the inner metal skin of the door.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Mike