Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

F1 Championship Permutations

Heres whats needed for Hamilton, Alonso or that boring Finnish bloke to win the title:

For Alonso to become champion:

Alonso first; Hamilton third or lower

or Alonso second; Hamilton sixth or lower

or Alonso third; Hamilton eighth or lower; Raikkonen second or lower

or Alonso fourth; Hamilton out of the points; Raikkonen third or lower

For Hamilton to become champion:

Hamilton first or second

or Hamilton third, fourth or fifth; Alonso second or lower

or Hamilton sixth or seventh; Alonso third or lower; Raikkonen second or lower

or Hamilton eighth; Alonso fourth or lower; Raikkonen third or lower

or Hamilton out of the points; Alonso fifth or lower; Raikkonen third or lower

For Raikkonen to become champion:

Raikkonen first; Alonso third or lower; Hamilton sixth or lower

or Raikkonen second; Alonso fourth or lower; Hamilton eighth or lower [/b]

Ive got a feeling the Raikkonen Is going to not only win the race but take the championship aswell... Dunno what it is, but i have one of those feelings.. As much as i want Lewis to win of course!

Ive even put a Tenner On Raikkonen taking the crown. 8)

Times after Friday's first practice session:

1 Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) Ferrari one minute 19.580 seconds

2 Felipe Massa (Bra) Ferrari 1:20.062

3 Heikki Kovalainen (Fin) Renault 1:20.829

4 Nico Rosberg (Ger) Williams 1:21.064

5 Lewis Hamilton (Gbr) McClaren 1:21.121

Others:

12 Jenson Button (Gbr) Honda 1:22.477

13 David Coulthard (Gbr) Red Bull Racing 1:22.667

Note: Alonso did not bother coming out for first practice.

Uh oh.... Apparently was Wet and cold at Interlagos...

1718: According to the news wires we have at BBC TV Centre, the stewards of the meeting are to discuss the situation regarding wet-tyre situation (see below).

McLaren have conceded to making a mistake and are now waiting for the stewards' judgment.

The FIA have no set punishment for the offence, so it remains to be seen what decision will be taken.

Newsflash: Lewis Hamilton, Takuma Sato and Jenson Button have used two sets of wets which is apparently in breach of regulations.

News from 5live Sports Extra

Oh dear. Surely the teams would have checked that. I'll try to get more details.

From BBC Web site....

Oh FFS here we go again.

What are the odds that a wheel will fly off Alonso's car, clear the barriers and strike Max Mosley stone cold dead? Do you reckon the odds I'd get would make it worth a cheeky punt and paying the tax up front?

Oh well... I can wish....

Oh FFS here we go again.

What are the odds that a wheel will fly off Alonso's car, clear the barriers and strike Max Mosley stone cold dead? Do you reckon the odds I'd get would make it worth a cheeky punt and paying the tax up front?

Oh well... I can wish....

Hmm John sling a tenner on for me too....

Apparently the stewards will make a dcision either late tonight or early tomorrow (I guess it will depend on how long Luca needs with Max to decide how to shaft McLaren)

I have to say the more that the FIA find new ways to persecute young Lewis, and the more of a farce it becomes, the more I keep thinking of this picture.

Frankly I think it's closer to the truth in F1 right now than many people would like to admit...

Yeah... team fined for using more than one set of tyres in a practice session that has no impact at all on either qualifying or the race. They'll be fining them for starting the car before the session starts next, or maybe fining them for putting fuel in the car, or how about fining them for not putting sunscreen on before doing the press conference?

The administration of F1 is completely farked. I'm now waiting for tomorrow's comedy McLaren prosecution moment to unfurl now.

Well in fairness, it is more that Mclaren seem to be making a complete hash of following the rules this year, than anyone picking on any one particular driver! It's not like the rule about using two different sets of tyres was just made up for this practice session!

IMHO, Mclaren have been very lucky to get away as lightly as they have with what they have been up to this season!

Well in fairness, it is more that Mclaren seem to be making a complete hash of following the rules this year, than anyone picking on any one particular driver! It's not like the rule about using two different sets of tyres was just made up for this practice session!

IMHO, Mclaren have been very lucky to get away as lightly as they have with what they have been up to this season!

Dec the problem seems to be one particular team seems to be getting "Caught" this season... the reason this happens is because stuff like the tyres usually has a blind eye turned to it.. as does a hell of a lot of rule bending.

I'm sure it's down to the fact that there isn't one person romping off intpo the distance this yeat that means all eyes are everywhere... and McLaren are pretty silly if they thought they could get away with it seeing as there's an "Independant" inspector in their pits...

BTW Hamilton did an out and in lap on the "Second" set so hardly scrubbing in a fresh set for an advantage... All eye on teh telly at 17:00?

Ive got a feeling the Raikkonen Is going to not only win the race but take the championship aswell... Dunno what it is, but i have one of those feelings.. As much as i want Lewis to win of course!

Mike can you please let me know which 6 numbers you think are going to win the lottery this week :)

Hamilton could still win the Championship...It seems BMW are being investigated into fuel irregularites. thats was on bbc1 news 10pm

Mike can you please let me know which 6 numbers you think are going to win the lottery this week :)

:lol: said to my old man i wonder how many folk did put a bet on Raikkonen, what were the odds?

Been a good F1 season as in good racing,3 way fight to the end but all these sodding rules,fines,spying have ruined it really. Now when will Bernie see the light and get WRC Rallying back on where it belongs!!!!

[quote name="jenks

Been a good F1 season as in good racing,3 way fight to the end but all these sodding rules,fines,spying have ruined it really. Now when will Bernie see the light and get WRC Rallying back on where it belongs!!!![/quote]

Well said :D