Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

MOT Changed Recently?

Hey all, apparently the MOT has recently changed in it's severity . Does any-one have any ideas where you can find a complete run-down of the checks as some of the fails on a mates car seem "Picky" so say the least.

I'll sling up reasons when i see teh fai sheet.. but two were:

Power steering belt slips slightly under full load (at full lock)

Number plate lights are incorrectly positioned and too dim (They're factory!) :shock:

I'll post up both pages of reports tomorrow once i get the car back - some of them will really make you chuckle!! naturally i have a lot of work to do tomorrow!

And to think, the only thing i thought i'd have a problem with was the number plates and my smoothed off side repeaters!!

Hey all, apparently the MOT has recently changed in it's severity . Does any-one have any ideas where you can find a complete run-down of the checks as some of the fails on a mates car seem "Picky" so say the least.

Number plate lights are incorrectly positioned and too dim (They're factory!) :shock:

Humn, I would take that last one to the MTO complaints bunch if I were you!

I think the reason MOT testers are being increasingly harsh is that their decisions that were once only held locally are now available for all subsequent MOT testers to see.

They keep picking up my rear wheel bearings as being loose at the moment but they are suppossed to be a bit loose to allow for them to warm up. I am not the smallest of people and the VAG manual clearly shows that if you cant move the thrust washer with a screwdriver against it and one finger pushing it then it is too tight.

check this link

http://www.motester.co.uk/cog.html