Sign in to follow this  
Tetsuo_83

Brand newbie.. with a buying question.

Howdy, long time lurker, first time poster....

Well, i wanna take my first steps towards corrado ownership, i love them, always have, but i normally stick with safe VAG's (newer, low mileage) so here's my question.

Ive never bought a car over 70k on the clock, and im just wondering how strong the engines in Corrado's are. See, ive been looking at one recently that's seriously sparked my interest.

1994 (so late spec) 2.0 16v, Burgundy pearl, original everything, 2 owners from new, 130k on the clock, service history up to the second owner at 110k (who serviced it independently). Almost completely unmarked exterior with no rust, and a like new interior. Working active spoiler, and a new NCT (irish MOT).

So, what do you all think, how many more miles am i likely to see out of her? Is it worth buying?

Hmmm... Well I've seen them up to 200k. Depends in what kind of condition it's in when you get it. If it's good you could have another 7 years average. And the 9A engine is well easy to work on. I managed to change a head gasket on one not so long ago. So it must be easy....

Edit: obviously that's seven years assuming nothing else packs up first.