Sign in to follow this  
G Charged

corrado G60 FMIC ...yes...again..lil different though...

Hi there, new to corrado ownership, my rado has a bodged intercooler on at the moment which i need to fix, it also needs a new rad fan so ill treat it to a new rad...

Im aware of the kit G-werks sell, but i idealy would a) like it to be a bit cheaper(need to repair suspension aswel) and b) like the fact its retained vw parts

soooooo, ive been hunting for a golf g60 intercooler, as im going to get a new rad and fan, am i better off getting Golf G60 rad and fan or is the standard corrado one fine?

theres a guy on ebay who is selling these but i belive these are the air con versions...i have spoken to heathrow VW who have informed me that the Golf G60 intercoolers are no longer available :( , is this the case or are my suspicion right that he just couldnt find it on the system... does anyone have a part number for the cooler?

i have tried searching the forums but i can mostly see info for merc intercoolers, and i dont want to chop half the car up (maybe if it comes to it...)

if it comes to it i may just take the front apart, take some measurments and get a custom one made up.

does anyone know where to locate a golf G60 fmic from?, or have a part number?

cheers

i have a G60 intercooler with rad for sale for £450, plus what suspention do you want, might be able to help you there too

Possibly a bit more than you want to spend but Pro Alloy do a complete kit, all brackets pipework and a slim line fan here

I do have one for my 16vG60 and it is a nice piece of work and it seems to fit up without having to hack into the slam panel.

i have a G60 intercooler with rad for sale for £450, plus what suspention do you want, might be able to help you there too

do you have the rad fan aswel?

and will the golf rad fit, i think i read here that sumone thought it was too tall, but there didnt seem to be a definitive answer

any pipework with that? condition, pics?

basically the back of my car is higher then the front, i will put coilovers on, but i want to drop the back a lil, tempory(couple months), think the fronts dropped 60mm, its pretty nose heavy...probably how one of the previous owners took the splitter off, lol

I have a Forge FMIC thats mounted immediately in front of the radiator, really neat pipework and there was no cutting of the slam panel

yes it includes a fan aswell, the intercooler and rad connect together and it fits straight under the slam panel as its a factory fit, i have some pipe work (from i/c tio throttle b) if your interested you can have a look when collecting as wouldnt really want to post