Sign in to follow this  
was8v

Would an early front bumper look daft on a late car? or fit?

I'm having difficulty find a late front bumper for my car, theres loads of early ones cheap, but no late ones.

Would an early one fit? i.e. would my indicators and fogs fit? and would id look silly (being slightly narrower?).

Cheers.

It wont sit correctly due to it being too narrow, the indicators and fogs can be made to fit...

Id say you were best to hold out for a late one...

It's not a biggie tbh.. I had an early bumper on the front of my old C (due to previous owner) and it looked fine - the sides don't sit quite far enough out (where the bumper meets the leading edge of the wing) but it's so close that the un-trained eye wouldn't be able to tell plus you can get round this by using washers to space the sides out further! Once thats done the only give away is the line in the detail around the top of the bumper is slightly different although with out pics it's hard to explain...

I fitted the later fogs/indicators as Goldie suggests and after that you really couldn't tell 8)