Sign in to follow this  
dgarwood07

Sprayed dash!

have seen a few cars with dashes painted different colours or colour matched and it allways looks very cheap and tacky, unless its to change a grey dash to black or vice versa to make it match the seats, it allways reminds me of that hideous Renault 5 GTT from Ali G.

The only time a recoloured dash works IMHO is when its been trimmed up in leather to match the rest of the interior.. like A20 LEE did with his Corrado.

Spraying it would look pretty dreadful I think.

The only time a recoloured dash works IMHO is when its been trimmed up in leather to match the rest of the interior.. like A20 LEE did with his Corrado.

Got to agree there, a well trimmed leather dash does look nice but painted, probably not.

painted always looks wrong to me, its needs a texture and not to be shiny imo

plus i've heard people moan about it on a sunny day :lol:

abd racing did a project corrado 3-4 years back (blue on one on axis 18's) it had the lower dash painted the same blue as the car (looked like mk3 colour concept blue) looks a lil 90's but its your car so its up to you! i have a feature on it in an olf golf mag, i would scan it in but i've lost my scanner/printer somewhere

a mate has a lovely mk2 golf with a flocked dash 8) it sounds really horrible when you say it, but the end result is surprisingly good. i think it cost him approx £75 to have the entire dash done. i will try and get some pics.

karl

a mate has a lovely mk2 golf with a flocked dash 8) it sounds really horrible when you say it, but the end result is surprisingly good. i think it cost him approx £75 to have the entire dash done. i will try and get some pics.

karl

yeah that would b good thanks! :D

look up evos and scooby rally cars as this seems to be how they cover their dash's and it does look sweet... especially if ou junk all the switch gear, get a stack display and loads of toggle switches with tape labels above them 8)

The dash in my G60 has been sprayed a very slighly different shade of grey than standard and its driving me nuts to the point where I bought a dash last weekend. With a car as low as the Rado you get blinded enough by oncoming traffic without having to see every streetlight reflected in you dash and then windscreen at night. I have to strip the centre console and doors as well and I'm not looking forward to it. Rado interiors are like chickens teeth in Ireland though so its gonna be elbow grease all the way!

Noel B.

Any idea of how much the going rate is for a dash trim?

i looked into this michael, the cheapest quote i got was £550, but over winter i'm gonna have a go myself :)

karl

Sounds good, reckon you should just buy the Campaign and have it already done and then rotrex it up...

i looked into this michael, the cheapest quote i got was £550, but over winter i'm gonna have a go myself :)

karl

It would b a really easy job 2 spray it if it was out of the car!! its just puttin it in without F@ckin it up!

Ive gotta do my heatin matrix so it was an idea i had! :D

Sounds good, reckon you should just buy the Campaign and have it already done and then rotrex it up...

yeh could do mate, but where is the fun in buying something thats already done. i'm just gonna get another dash, and while i'm off for xmas have a go at re-trimming it in the red leather i have left over.

karl

Well if an early dash shell is the same as a late ill do you one for a very good price that you can play with...

Judging by your seat attempt this will end up being spot on..

Mmmmm if the dash shells are the same?? i may well take you up on that kind offer :) and thanks for the comment about my seats :)

that reminds me, i'm getting the leather out again soon anyway, as i'm doing a red leather bonnet bra for the carbon fibre bonnet i'm getting on friday 8)

I know the panels that are in the dash, controls vents are different but the shells cant be that much different, someone will know the answer no doubt..