Sign in to follow this  
Jammin

Alarm problems!! Help!!!

Hi Everyone, I'm new here - I hope someone can help me! - I've searched the site and still not got anywhere....

I've got a vr6 with a standard alarm which had a fuse removed from it to stop it working about a year ago. The problem started when I jumped in my car to go to work this morning and there was a spark behind the headlight switch and smoke started pouring out> I turned off the ignition, the smoke stopped. Removing the headlight switch I discovered the brown wire on the left had melted all the way back to the fuse box. I have removed this wire - the smoking has stopped, - but the alarm keeps activating and the car won't start!!! & the fob doesn't work!!How do I stop it - I don't want the alarm working, I just need the car to start.. Is it something to do with the melted wire???

Ok.... managed to get the alarm problem sorted - everything is working fine, but now the head light switch is heating up alot.... I think this may have been what caused the original problem.... Has anyone ever had this happen before?? could it just be a faulty switch or something more serious? -

if the switch is heating up, i belive its a common fault and needs a new switch before your wiring goes into Meltdown!

Might be something to look into replacing, i would much rather replace just a switch than a switch and a bunch of wires lol :)