Sign in to follow this  
Brando

Drying Agents

Is there any substance that absorbs water from a car carpet?? Or in general, like a powder I could put down and then hoover up later.

Technically not for my Corrado, but for my clio. But having had 4 out of 4 cars I have owned leak!!!! its probably a matter of time till the Corrado will!

thanks,

Olly

so buddy can't help you there other than newspaper but noticed your from salisbury which c is yours as i'm right next door.

your best bet would be to take the carpets out as the soundproffing will by soaked aswell,or you could drive round with the heaters on full aimed at your feet for a few days :)

you can get watertraps from hardware stores like B&Q. Basically they're a powder in a box that you put in the damp area and they suck the moisture out of the air around them thus drying things out... I have no idea how effective they'd be in a car with a wet carpet though.... :?

your best bet would be to take the carpets out as the soundproffing will by soaked aswell,or you could drive round with the heaters on full aimed at your feet for a few days :)

I want to avoid driving it! 75bhp and the lack of ability to overtake is likely to driive (no pun intended) me insane!!!!!!!

Will look into the Water Traps tho they sound good thanks m8.

Any other suggestions.

Its gonna be a fun few days to work so far with:

no carpets,

water boxes all over the car,

heater on full

and me praying the person who wants to buy it doesn't notice :)

i based in salisbury too, to be honest buddy i think they may notice especially if they know what they are looking at which most corrado buyers generally do but good luck you gonna get another c or something else :?:

I want to avoid driving it! 75bhp and the lack of ability to overtake is likely to driive (no pun intended) me insane!!!!!!!

oh right,dont blame you,if your trying to sell it i would deffo take the carpets out and dry them proporly,oh and if you knew some one who had one of those vax machines you could suck the water up

i based in salisbury too, to be honest buddy i think they may notice especially if they know what they are looking at which most corrado buyers generally do but good luck you gonna get another c or something else :?:

It's not the Corrado m8, thank god its my usless 2 year old clio owned from new. All I can really say about it is "THE FRENCH"!!!! But it got me to my four years no claims and being able to insure my Corrado :) (needs must and all that)

oh right,dont blame you,if your trying to sell it i would deffo take the carpets out and dry them proporly,oh and if you knew some one who had one of those vax machines you could suck the water up

Would a dyson do it :).

In all seriousness its A carpet (singular) so taking it out is a mjor hassle i.e seats first!

sorry mate that'll teach me for going out last night well i had a clio 16v and that was just the same within 2 months it had a new rad new altinater etc luckily under warrenty but i agree " the french" they are crap well if i see ya i'll say hi as i'm in salisbury too i've got a vr6 rather non standard but there are some pics on the gallery under fec's VR6 have a look when you get a chance and good luck with that clio. :D

sorry mate that'll teach me for going out last night well i had a clio 16v and that was just the same within 2 months it had a new rad new altinater etc luckily under warrenty but i agree " the french" they are crap well if i see ya i'll say hi as i'm in salisbury too i've got a vr6 rather non standard but there are some pics on the gallery under fec's VR6 have a look when you get a chance and good luck with that clio. :D

Nice looking VR6 m8. I've not seen it about, but my friend has by the sound of it. He drives a V. Poncey new m3 in leguna secca blue (read horriblle bluie green). He practically described me your car 2 nights ago.

"Same colour as your, 18s and a totally different de-badged grill with a painted surround"

cheers buddy i have literally just ordered a standard grill cos i'm not sure if i really like the grill thats on it so i am gonna try a standard one, we shall see which one stays :D