Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Electric windows not working correctly

ANOTHER small issue. Ive used the search but only find the scenario where the windows dont work at all with the door closed.

Ive just had a cat 1 alarm fitted. Since then if either pass or drivers window is down and the ignition is off they just wont go up correctly. If i hold the button the window will go up an inch or so then stop. I will then have to press the button again and itll go up another inch or so. I have to continue to do this until the window is fully up. If i do the same but with the door open it will work fine, however if i close the door while im closing the window, the window will just stop.

This is the same if im closing the drivers window with the passenger door open and if i close the passenger door the drivers window will stop (confused?) and vise versa with passenger window and drivers door open.

Any ideas guys. The bloke that fitted the alarm doesnt seem to have an idea as to what it could be, even though he did a good job of fitting the cat 1.

PLEASE HELP!

EDIT - the bloke that fitted the alarm mentioned something about the corrado having a possible 'learn' procedure with the one touch close. But ive never heard of such a thing?

Righto fella.

Few quick questions.

First of all do you have a full closure option on the cat 1 that was fitted and does it work?

If you leave the windows down and then put the key in the lock, turn to the lock position and hold do the windows go up? Passenger one first, then drivers - all corrados should do this, later ones will shut the sunroof as well.

If any of this is not working then it must be something to do with the alarm install. I am not sure how long the windows hold power after the ignition has been switched off with the doors closed but if the immob is cutting in too soon it will prevent the power being held for correct window operation.

Righto fella.

Few quick questions.

First of all do you have a full closure option on the cat 1 that was fitted and does it work?

If you leave the windows down and then put the key in the lock, turn to the lock position and hold do the windows go up? Passenger one first, then drivers - all corrados should do this, later ones will shut the sunroof as well.

If any of this is not working then it must be something to do with the alarm install. I am not sure how long the windows hold power after the ignition has been switched off with the doors closed but if the immob is cutting in too soon it will prevent the power being held for correct window operation.

Yes it has full closure and it is working.

I can close windows and sunroof using key in lock.

The immobiliser comes on after 20 seconds. But if i try closing windows immediately after turning the ignition off then they dont work as they should. I suspect the alarm/immob too as everything was fine before. But the fitter asked me to get some possible causes (which is quite worrying, especially when he says he has an electrical diploma). It strange because the windows work fine with ignition on or engine running.

The fitter also said that it could be the drop in volts when ignition is off or that the windows 'think' they are getting stuck so they stop. But ive just had a mess around and can rule out motor completely as, if i open the door and try the windows, then press the little button near the door hindges the window stops. Something to do with those switches.

Appreciate the reply Yanards.

i've got a similar problem, not as bad though. I think mine is due to the motor/window catching as it goes up, and the motor cuts out when its under a big load. the immobiliser will probably not make the electrics go off, as your lights, stereo etc should still work.

have you had the door card off to see the mechanism working? something may have been knocked if the alarm bloke went into the doors when fitting the alarm.

Im not sure the alarm bloke did take the door cards off, i didnt see him anyway. But the windows work fine when i use the remote to close the windows when i set the alarm. I had a look inside the doors anyway and couldnt see anything stopping the windows. The problem MUST be the little switch the gets pressed when the doors are closed, as the windows stop when that is pressed. Though now the windows dont work at all when the ignition is switched off and i didnt even mess with anything when i took the door cards off :(

hmmm, not sure then. have you tried getting to the wiring of the little door switch? maybe the alarm is linked to that too. maybe disconnect it and see if the problem see occurs??

sorry i cant be more help!

No worries Dave. The alarm is linked to those switches, it must be, as if the door is opened it close the circuit on the switch and the alarm will go off. The alarm fitter is coming back round to have a gander, but as ive said i reckon its something to do with the alarm connected to those switches.

Dismiss the windows are not working at all comment i put in the previous post.