Sign in to follow this  
dokko

Recaro Sportster

sportsterCS.jpg

Would they suit the Corrado?

Thinking about fitting some next year but not totally convinced that a modern seat design will mix well with the 'rado's shape.

What do others think?

The headrest wont match the rear headrest shape, thats why i hate porsche seats, the front looks all curvy and the rear all square, just wrong!!!

Bet they're well comfy though those Recaro's :D

i agree, i dont think they would look rite. its the holes for im geussing harnesses' that put me off them.

if they didnt have the holes and a square head rest then they would look 8) imo...

Seriously good seats.. Sat in one at Edition.. Also Yeti got to try them "In Situ" on the Recaro TT!

Loads more support than stock seats (and stock seats for me are better than Rado Recaros!) and in my opinion, the headrest wouldn't look too out of place as the rears are kind of that shape anyway....

If I had just robbed a bank I'd get some..

My 2p

Oh and these also suffer from the usual "Needs a subframe" issues! :D

I couldn't live without the Rado Recaro's now i have them, waaaayyyyyyy more comfy, felt weird at 1st but the comfort is so much higher and on another level now i'm used to them.

The headrest wont match the rear headrest shape

the headrest wouldn't look too out of place as the rears are kind of that shape anyway....

Personally think that they compliment the rear headrest design which is also triangular in shape.

Definitely a marmite topic, so I'll stir it some more...

BMW_M3_CSL_interior.jpg

Maybe a bit too extreme. More Recaros (based on the Pole Position design I think) as fitted to M3 CSL. Also fitted in the Beetle RSI.

Think these would work well. Can't get any more timeless than a simple, classic bucket design. But could I live with them on a daily basis? Dunno.

"triangular" er maybe, but 1 is flat (the rear) and the other is pointy and too tall (the front), IMHO, wont work with the sportster.

I liked and started a topic on the pole position ages ago but decided i couldnt live with the fixed design, and they're again too curvy for a boxy car inside and out.

Thanks for all the feedback.

I REALLY need to consider changing the stock seats. Over journeys of about an hour or so, they're fine. Any longer however and I start getting lower back pain on my right side.

The Recaro I had in my old S3 was superb, with it's lumbar support and extendable cushion (great when you're 6' 5". Really miss that).

So, any suggestions that would fit my requirements for comfort and (appropriate) style. The optional Corrado Recaros? What features did this have? Some say they're good, some say they're worse than stock. So confusing...

Exactly the same for me on long journeys with the standard stock seats, changed to the Recaro's and i feel as refreshed as when i started my journey, took a few weeks to get used to them after been in the standard seats for 5 years.

They come heated and electric height and backrest tilt, manual back and forth but no leg axtension which i wanted, i think some golf recaro's have this along with deeper bolsters but the subframe makes the seat sit higher, the way round this is to use the corrado recaro subframe but good luck finding a set along with the recaro's.

Ok, I've come to my senses.

Junkie - It's a no brainer really. Have to fit your Recaros

P8300027.jpg

What model of seat are they? Seen them fitted to various Golfs, fast Fords, etc.

That's what I enjoy about forums like this - crazy idea followed by informed chat makes for sensible decisions.

Cheers!

They were made specificaly for Corrados mate as an optional extra, so not the easiest seats to get hold of. They do come up for sale now and then on here/ebay etc though so it's just a case of keeping an eye out and acting fast when you see a set

Thief :snipersmile:

They're the optional extra Corrado Recaro's that come in Black/Cream/Grey leather and Black/Grey cloth.

The 2 way electric adjustment, the golfs have deeper bolsters so for them to fit correctly they need corrado subframes which sit lower

Me personally I dont rate corrado recaros at all,I bought a 1995 corrado with them a couple of months back & the drive from the south cost was less then impressive,they were the first things to sell,std leather feels just as good,I would rather have the later cloth interior,but it might be to do with my big bulk & w i d e arse!? :D

TTs all the way. Spend good money on a new seat. Not electric but personally my seats never need to move. Heated with new elements so work better. No sagging of a 13 year old seat. Just a pain in the bum to fit, and the head restraints match the rears.

TTs all the way. Spend good money on a new seat. Not electric but personally my seats never need to move. Heated with new elements so work better. No sagging of a 13 year old seat. Just a pain in the bum to fit, and the head restraints match the rears.

Looking very good,id have to agree wih you there chap 8)

Also worth considering Mitsi Evo RS recaro's as I did.. Picked both fronts up in black that matches the rest of the standard rado interior (not that I have any anymore... lol) for £200.

They look great, are supportive and allow the use of harnesses (not to everyones requirement but useful if tracking it.)

I'll post a pic up later when I get home if you are interested.

Had to make the fittings to make all the tt stuff fit to the existing rails. Took the idea from an aftermarket subframe in that I slid a large flat iron bar into the origional rail and made L shaped Iron fitting which bolted to that. Then the TT rails bolted to the L pieces. I need pictures

They basically Recaro Speed seats?

Have to say the pic with the TT seats looks mighty good as usually all the 1's i have seen in Corrado's look naff and wrong but i like those alot, just needs a retrim to match better. 8)