Sign in to follow this  
mic_VR

Rolling Road Prep?

I'm going to be doing my first rolling road day on Dec 2nd at stealth (Jim is organising) and i'm just wondering what kind of things I should be doing to ''prep'' the car for a good run. I'm got everything I need to do a full service before hand, but just wondering what else I can do to prepare, I'm hoping for at least standard power...... hopefully...... :lol:

I was sh*tting myself last year when i put mine on the rollers as i thought it was going to blow it up! I didnt do any preparations to mine at all just gave them the keys. I was really pleased with my figures, 203bhp and 196lb/ft standard 8) although it should be a bit more this time round ;)

I was sh*tting myself last year when i put mine on the rollers as i thought it was going to blow it up! I didnt do any preparations to mine at all just gave them the keys. I was really pleased with my figures, 203bhp and 196lb/ft standard 8) although it should be a bit more this time round ;)

Are those figures Completely standard? If so thats amazing!

I am a little worried that mine's going to either go bang or produce some really crappy figures as It's got a bit of a rattle going on now (probably chains) :lol: :(

Goldie - good tip, I'll be sure to put my warmest coat in the boot

I was told to make sure the tyre pressures are spot on, other wise can give a less accurate reading?!

Bit nerve racking at first, but great to be standing behind your car at full chat :lol:

last time mine went on the rollers my prep on the day was, accidently overfill with oil, leave off oil filler cap so oil went all over engine bay, run it with standard unleaded, and blow half my face off while lighting a BBQ doused in petrol.

My car put out 198.3BHP and 200 ft/lb of tourque, which is exactly what i was expecting!

So as long as your geometry is sorted i wouldnt worry too much about 'prepping' the car, after all a run on the rollers is equivilent to a few minutes thrash on the motorway!