Sign in to follow this  
klin

leaking matrix& burnt foot

badly scalded my foot today in my g60 when heater matrix dumped boiling coolant onto my feet in heavy traffic

read other posts about this problem but just wonderin what parts ill need,didnt take a look yet but presume ill need new matrix,pipes etc,will it happen again thou,was in heavy traffic and seen water temp guage hit 110,turned on heater to help cooling and nothing happened,move heater control to cold air and then the car turned into a sauna and my feet melted,any help would be great and new skin for my feet would help too

There was a recall years ago and by-pass valves were fitted in the matrix pipes but IRCC the golf mk3 matrixes are sorted for this problem so you should just need one of these, get a genuine one, some people have had probs with GSF ones. If I'm wrong someone will correct me!!!!!!!!

yes get an OEM one and pay the high price as this happened to me as well,replaced a slightly leaky matrix from euro car parts,4 days later it dumped the coolant just as it did with you,not a happy bunny,fitted OEM and never looked back.

yes get an OEM one and pay the high price as this happened to me as well,replaced a slightly leaky matrix from euro car parts,4 days later it dumped the coolant just as it did with you,not a happy bunny,fitted OEM and never looked back.

worth checking exactly what manufacturer the part that your nearest GSF stock, more than one person has said they have Valeo parts now, which is OEM.