Sign in to follow this  
mattosmond

New Stereo - Has onyone got the new sony bluetooth unit?

It looks like it's got some decent features. But I'd not let the halfwits brigade near my car with tools...

i bought one today and had it fitted... it seems to be a good little system, the bluetooth works well and is very clear... I paid £99.99 so i think its a real steal..

we fit loads of these

downside is, the unit doesnt have any pre-outs so if you are thinking about using a amplifier...well..you cant, unless you use a h2l converter

i bought one today and had it fitted... it seems to be a good little system, the bluetooth works well and is very clear... I paid £99.99 so i think its a real steal..

And cue the "my dash started smoking" thred...

Mate in all seriousness they installed an alarm in one of my old cars using Scotch-connectors and drilled a hole in teh bulkhead above the fuse box to run wires and didn't use a grommet... chafed wries and a fuse-box waterfall whe I reversed off the drive! :shock:

Buy from there but self fit, Stereo's aren't that bad..

sorry, i only just looked at this thread again today...... i did get it fitted by halfrauds, but the original sony wiring loom just slotted in a dream, so they didnt have to do any work themselves... thank god...

i kno the question has been answered but the only downside to the head unit if it is the Mex-BT2500 is it has no Aux outputs on it, apart from that mint unit and lights up really nice aswell.

Shiney Lights make me smile! :D

I searched for a stereo that was iphone compatible. I read in lots of places that the Alpine iDA-X001 didnt work properly with it. A local shop convinced me it did....I have had it installed for three months now and it works a treat. The blue tooth only works for the making calls via a hands free. The ipod part works with a USB cable in the glove box. All the play lists work and the contact lists.....so far the only problem I have had is that a couple of times I have had to re register the iphone with the head unit - takes 10 seconds. Have to say that I am very happy with it. 8)

Well.. my original Panasonic is compatible with the iPod!... so I'm happy... and I kinda like the Panasonic to be honest... it reminds me of when I was a kid and thought it was amazingly cool that my dad had a tape player in the car!!!!

shameful I know.. :oops:

add to the post, Sony have just released the MEX-BT2600 which has outputs Rear and Sub if memory is correct, used it to stream audio from my phone and its mint! excellent unit for less than £150!

top head units if you wnat to save yourself 3 points and a fine... we have all had close shaves with the rozza's whiulst on the phone.. This way you get a new cd player and bluetooth!! :clap: