Sign in to follow this  
pete_griff

Front Stut Brace for a VR6

After a quick search of the forum i couldn't find any supplier of front upper strut braces for the VR - does anyone know of anywhere/anyone who supplies them - also prices & recommendations quality wise if there are in fact a few manufacturers who can supply them would be appreciated.

Also - it's probably not in need of it as much as other cars due to the presence of a subframe and the fact that room down there seems a little tight when it comes to ground/chassis clearance etc; but same question as above for a lower front strut brace...

cheers for your time

Hello mate

I've got a front upper fitted to mine from these folk -http://www.eurosportacc.com/eurosport_strut_stress_tie_bars.htm

NSRacing can supply them and they're about £50 if you don't want the hassle of importing it yourself. I think Regal Autosport (aka http://www.vag-tuner.com/ ) might sell them too.

I chose that one because it's discreet and doesn't foul the brake and coolant resevoirs, as per the attached.

At the rear I have a Trimsport brace which is nice and actually is the most beneficial to the car in terms of improving flexural rigidity.

I've never tried a lower brace, but despite the subframe, there's still worth in having one, especially with high torque engines that can twist the subframe and turrets. Corsas with big engines were notorious for ripped turret welds.....but thankfully Corrados are built a little better than Corsas ;-)

Corsas with big engines were notorious for ripped turret welds.....but thankfully Corrados are built a little better than Corsas ;-)

haha - very true!

will look into an upper brace for the end of this month when i've got some cash again as i've just ordered my eibach rear anti-roll bar from stealth. and you're right about the subtlety thing by the way - big fan of the way that sits under the bonnet

i've got a rear strut brace which i will fit before long - a bahnbrenner jobby from ebay - not as pretty and probably not as strong as the trimsport one, but a nice job all the same, and easily removed for practicality via rosejoint connections at either end - will get some pics up before long

thanks very much for your help once again :thumb right: