Sign in to follow this  
VR6C

Supersprint decat with standard exhaust

Hi guys - first post (be gentle). Been into dubs for a long while now but only golfs, now ive got a Rado VR6 - I now know what Ive been missing 8)

Anyway Ive just landed myself a supersprint decat pipe off the bay and was wondering what benefit it would offer if I mated it to the OE exhaust system. Dont really want to go splashing out on a new exhaust as the standard is just right in terms of sound and fit etc plus I want to keep the car as OEM as poss.

Would I need a remap to get the full benefits? just need to know if its worth my while really??

Thanks in Advance

ps hope to be able to get to the stealth rolling road day so fingers crossed ill meet some of you guys and check out your corrados.

Welcome!

All Golf drivers see the light eventually and get a Corrado :lol:

I ran a SuperSprint bypass with a stock exhaust on mine and noticed better pick up in the midrange and top end. The stock exhaust may sound and fit right but it weighs a tonne and regularly breaks off the hanger brackets. You can get systems that weigh less than half the stock system and no louder and that's where I'd start on a VR, put it on a diet because they are over 1300kg!

Hi guys - first post (be gentle). Been into dubs for a long while now but only golfs, now ive got a Rado VR6 - I now know what Ive been missing 8)

Anyway Ive just landed myself a supersprint decat pipe off the bay and was wondering what benefit it would offer if I mated it to the OE exhaust system. Dont really want to go splashing out on a new exhaust as the standard is just right in terms of sound and fit etc plus I want to keep the car as OEM as poss.

Would I need a remap to get the full benefits? just need to know if its worth my while really??

Thanks in Advance

ps hope to be able to get to the stealth rolling road day so fingers crossed ill meet some of you guys and check out your corrados.

I was bidding on that ya bugger :lol:

Welcome to the forum and Corrado ownership :)

hope to be able to get to the stealth rolling road day so fingers crossed ill meet some of you guys and check out your corrados.

You interested in rollering your car? There is room! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Still have a soft spot for the MK2's but I have definitely seen the light with the corrado - cheesewire your setup looks bloody mental - would love to feel that kind of power!

Sorry BILCOR just gave it a punt yesterday and lucked out I guess - thats how I ended up with the corrado in the first place!

Jim Im not 100% sure ill be able to make it yet - Is it ok to pay you on the day when I get there?

Cheers

ps I won the decat pipe for £50 delivered and its mild steel - does that seem reasonable to you lot?

Will probably look at a full system asap but for now the funds are not all there so if all seems ok ill just whack the decat on.

Same here, used to have MK2s myself..... my favourite being my old Helious 16V Turbo 8)

As you can tell, I like turbos!

£50 posted isn't bad. How old is it? They're about £85 brand new.

16VT is a great setup - Mine was a 2.0 16V which was quick enough.

Its 18 months old apparently - Im sure itll be ok once its bolted on.

Cheesewire will you be at Stealth for the rolling road day? - would love a close look at a VR6T

OK cool. One other thing you'll need to check is the length of the bypass because VR6's had different cat lengths depending on year of manufacture. If it's a 94 on car, it'll more than likely have the 70cm cat. If it's a pre 94, chances are it'll be a 50cm cat. They are approx measurements, but one is obviously long and the other obviously short, LOL!

Yeah been in a few 2.0 Valvers, makes a nice difference as MK2s don't weigh much.

I will more than likely be at the Stealth Rolling road day, but won't be putting it on the dyno as it needs professional mapping. There's only so much DIY tweaking I can do and with limited success :-)