Sign in to follow this  
dgarwood07

Polishin alloys!!

theres only one person out there worth paying ;)

oh yeah!! who could that b?? :lol:

Deffo not a guy "North of the Border"

I have done a "basic polish" on my Estoril took 3hrs all by hand.. there are kits out there that mean you can use a drill I'd reccomend those if you are tinking about this.. will save some of your fingertips too!

i started to try on a spare speedline and its fecking hard and time consuming, i got the spoke faces ok, but the little edges and corners i just couldn't budge the old paint/primer, really do need a sandblaster imo

ive just finished doing a set myself it is time consuming an dont think i would have done it if the alloys didnt have such a flat face, as because of this i got away with doing most of the sanding with a palm sander which saved my arms and a lot of time but it is rewarding when finished

my thread on what i did and cleaning them up is here hope it helps

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=62116

WHAT!!! Whats the company called!!

and i think there on about dav at pureklas an BigTartanJudge has has already put a link up for you

Call Dav at PureKlas, see his website here:

http://pureklas.co.uk/

The only guys I trust with polishing and wheel refurbs, have used the several times now and always grat service and finish on items is top notch,

Cheers

Anyone no what to finish the wheels with after they have been polished, thinking of trying to do mine through work unless its too much hassle!

WHAT!!! Whats the company called!!

and i think there on about dav at pureklas an BigTartanJudge has has already put a link up for you

Call Dav at PureKlas, see his website here:

http://pureklas.co.uk/

The only guys I trust with polishing and wheel refurbs, have used the several times now and always grat service and finish on items is top notch,

Cheers

i think pureklas are based in Coventry, and not the company north of the border with my wheels.. i wont name and shame just yet as there have been complications.. but for now, all i'd say is go to pureklas!

oops sorry for the mix up there, an yeah from what i have heard dav is the man when it comes to polishing i would have sent my borbets there but he was too busy at the time so i used bjv engineering they did a good job of mine and it was pretty cheap but took ages plus since then my dad has used them an ended up sending some rims back due to the finish on them but to be fair they did sort it all out for free

i think pureklas are based in Coventry, and not the company north of the border with my wheels.. i wont name and shame just yet as there have been complications.. but for now, all i'd say is go to pureklas!

go on, we'll say the name together!