Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Audi R8

Although I have been lucky enough to drive one I have never seen one on the road then today I have seen 3 in the space of 30 mins - so much better looking on the road than in a showroom :lol:

I was the first to drive the local Audi ARCS RS4 courtesy car, and word on the grapevine is that seeing as there has been several sold up my neck of the woods , wioth around 20 on order for next 18 mths, that they will have to get an R8 courtesy car available up here soon........please let me be the one to pick her up and deliver her. My nate has one on order for March delivery too ;-)

parked next to one in a services on the m1 ! and i drive past a black 1 on the a264 on my way into work each moring. they look much wider on the road than they do in pics ! i think they are better looking on the road than a non turbo 911 or a lambo gallardo ! but thats just me. i love um ! :D

heres a pic

Image017.jpg

parked next to one in a services on the m1 ! and i drive past a black 1 on the a264 on my way into work each moring. they look much wider on the road than they do in pics ! i think they are better looking on the road than a non turbo 911 or a lambo gallardo ! but thats just me. i love um ! :D

heres a pic

Image017.jpg

Union Jack roof? :shock:

heres a pic

Image017.jpg

Union Jack roof? :shock:

dame right ! it went on for the alldub tuning nurburgring road trip ! uv got to fly the flag :D

the best pics of the roof are on edition http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.p ... 207&st=120

or http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... 7&start=60

I see 2 R8's pretty much every day near my uni in Leicester, 1 black parked in an insurance company building/car park which looks fantastic! And the other 1 silver which we only really see occassionally in a car park thats full of BMW's, Mercs, Audi's and the odd porsches. They have proper grown on me and i think they are utterly gorgeous cars!

MTM R888...........888bhp, 0-60 IN 3 SECS............225 MPH.................THAT IS ALL...........

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.p ... pic=118810

Some-one call the Stig! :lol:

I like the satin paint job.. but NOT the wheels.. titanium wheels would have been better...*

* Disclaimer... Acually Titanum and Porsche Signal Orange/Green would be even better!

R8's are nice, a little bit too 'clinical' I think though.

I had a customer's car overnight the other week while he was in our 997 Turbo demonstrator, and to be honest, you can't go anywhere in it! They're too wide for car park spaces, too low for multistoreys, you put fuel in them, then have to wait for people to stop taking pictures of it, AND, I can't get it into my courtyard at home without major surgery of the front splitter!

997 FTW me thinks! 8)

My mother in law got me a driving day in a R8 for a xmas prezzie!!

Soooo looking forward to going for that in the summer!!!!!

Diesel-powered R8 anyone ??

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoe ... di_r8.html

V12 diesel-engined, 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, 500 BHP, 1000 Nm of torque, 28 MPG.......

How on earth does it handle that much torque?!?! Plus, 28MPG is bloody impressive for a V12!!

I heard some rumblings a few years ago that the next generation of VW TDI engines is supposed to be hitting the 100mpg mark, any truth in this?

V12 diesel-engined, 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, 500 BHP, 1000 Nm of torque, 28 MPG.......

How on earth does it handle that much torque?!?! Plus, 28MPG is bloody impressive for a V12!!

I heard some rumblings a few years ago that the next generation of VW TDI engines is supposed to be hitting the 100mpg mark, any truth in this?

Well, by the sounds of it they're not far off that with the Polo Bluemotion. I've read some reviews where people have supposedly had better economy out of it than the 72mpg quoted by VW. :shock:

ah no diesels please its a fantastic car put a v12 petrol in it not a diesel it may be powerfull and torquey but how is it going to sound the noise has a lot to do with it for me any way if you want a diesel buy a golf leave it out of a car like that and yeah i know they race r10 diesel cars but thats as much a publicity stunt and a promotion for there diesels ,if i could afford a car like that fuel ecomomy would not even be an issue

ill shut up now :)