Sign in to follow this  
flusted

G60 Black plugs, running on 3

My g wouldnt start the other morning, trying to fire but just not firing up.

Checked i got good spark on all leads, took out plugs to find they are black. Not powdery black, more like shiny black?

Just heated the tips up on my cooker, whacked em back in, and its running again.

Gone for a short drive and its running fine now and has cleared any missfires.

What can i do to prevent further problems?

co pot set to 450 as pere the sns chip instructions and its running red tops, also plugs are recently new 6dpos

Also i have to put my foot half way down on pedal and crank for prob 5 secs before it fires in the mornings?

you've deleted you isv rite?

But you have to open the throttle b4 it will fire.?!

Seems like the system misses the extra air via the isv,or your getting too much fuel in for some reason and so you are having to over compensate with the throttle.

Since you got it re-running are the plugs still going black?

all the usual stuff ok,i.e coolant sender and MAP sensor hose?

:scratch:

My ISV is removed and running on Haltech management.

I have to on start up use the throttle but it is the smallest amount seems not even worth doing its that little, but if i dont it will not start but any more than just a little and it over fuels way too much and the petrol sticks to somewhere in the engine when cold and i get black plugs, so try cranking it over with the smallest possible throttle application, it basically seems like im resting my foot on the pedal and not pressing it but i am if you catch my drift.

Just sounds like your over fueling on start up like i can do as it gives exactly the same problem as you describe on mine.

Try not to use as much throttle on start up, or do you really have to do that much to start it.