Sign in to follow this  
BILLCOR

R32 Interior OR TT??

Has anybody fitted a Mk4 R32 interior into their Corrado?

If not, is it possible, what would need doing? or are the front seats to big?

So specifically you mean the front seats which are Konig seats?

You can but them for around £700 a pair last time i looked, sure i have seen a set fitted before.

So specifically you mean the front seats which are Konig seats?

You can but them for around £700 a pair last time i looked, sure i have seen a set fitted before.

Fronts and rear bench if possible, obviously the subframe would have to be changed, but would that be it?

This thread suggests the prospect of a beige recaro interior coming onto the market soon :lol:

Gossip monger :lol:

This thread suggests the prospect of a beige recaro interior coming onto the market soon :lol:

Gossip monger :lol:

No denial then??? :lol:

the front seats will fit fine, i will try and find a pic i found with a corrado with those seats in. but the rears were a problem from what i found out on vwvortex, when i was considering different interiors for mine.

the front seats will fit fine, i will try and find a pic i found with a corrado with those seats in. but the rears were a problem from what i found out on vwvortex, when i was considering different interiors for mine.

Cheers Karl, pity about the rears as it would have been nice if it all matched,looking for cheaper options than retrimming the whole interior, loved these seats when I had the R32

you could always buy some R32 front seats that are black/grey?? and dye them Beige so they match the rest of your interior 8) i dyed mine back in february mate, and apart from the one section on the seats that are vinyl (tight gits) they are still 100% perfect :D and with the dye you have spare, you could go over the doorcards just to bring them up to "as new" standard.

if you decided to do this?? i could have a drive up to scotland, and give ya a hand :)

karl

TTseats can be done very very easily, theres a set for sale on here at the moment viewtopic.php?f=13&t=62816

but i would personally never change from beige recaros to a set of TT seats!! if you had standard cloth seats, then i could understand why you would consider it. but at the end of the day thats just my personal point of view :)

karl

TTseats can be done very very easily, theres a set for sale on here at the moment viewtopic.php?f=13&t=62816

but i would personally never change from beige recaros to a set of TT seats!! if you had standard cloth seats, then i could understand why you would consider it. but at the end of the day thats just my personal point of view :)

karl

Cheers Karl, I saw those ones but there's a nice black set I've seen in much better condition, I know what your saying about the recaros but ideally the interior needs a retrim and I really dont want to spend that sort of money so I'm looking for the easier/cheaper option :)

Bill

TT seats look good imo especially in black as i was going to get some a while back off JIMMI but didnt in the end as he pulled them out of sale. They just need the subframe modifying which isnt hard apparently and i believe there is even a guide on how to do it somewhere on the forum.

So is there a chance of some beige recaros coming up for sale then? :wink: :lol:

I have done the TT seat swap and they look perfect for the car. Not too angular, not too rounded, not over the top. I think what makes them suit the car is the head restraints match the rear seat bumps. Makes it look like it belongs there. Just wish the rears fitted at all. Chances are you have to buy a whole interior to get hinging front seats as TT convertibles are fixed I think. Will try to get pictures.

TT seats look good imo especially in black as i was going to get some a while back off JIMMI but didnt in the end as he pulled them out of sale. They just need the subframe modifying which isnt hard apparently and i believe there is even a guide on how to do it somewhere on the forum.

So is there a chance of some beige recaros coming up for sale then? :wink: :lol:

Doubt the recaros will make it onto the forum as I've had several PMs already :lol:

Not decided which way to go yet, love the R32 Konigs but the TT seats are easier to find at a decent price, Hmmm.....

I have done the TT seat swap and they look perfect for the car. Not too angular, not too rounded, not over the top. I think what makes them suit the car is the head restraints match the rear seat bumps. Makes it look like it belongs there. Just wish the rears fitted at all. Chances are you have to buy a whole interior to get hinging front seats as TT convertibles are fixed I think. Will try to get pictures.

Yep, the shape of them defiantly suit the Rado and they also have nice chunky bolsters,wouldn't mind some pics if you have them

Got any pic's mate

They felt lovely to sit in but not a great comparison with the standards as the springs were less than useless after so many years and arses. Very comfy and im trying to work out how to wire up the heating. Do I have TT wiring to a corrado switch or corrado wiring to tt plugs. I bet there is someone around who would go easy peasy. Bit of this, bit of that. Job done. Also I have retained the TT hieght adjustment which is perfect when the misses feels the need for speed.

Ben - those seats look brilliant, a few questions: how did you get such good condition ones? How did you do the bases and do they adjust right down (I'm 6'2") do you know where I could get a set like that and even someone to make up the bases for me? Sorry for all the questions, the best answer would be that they're for sale!

Cheers for your help, I may need to bug you for more info in the future...

Cheers,

Jinks

I picked these seats up from a breakers in poole. Advertised on ebay but not met the reserve so I mailed them and done a deal. They were new when I got the as some kind person smashed up a 3.2 tt only 3000 miles into its life. Cost 600 quid for a whole interior. Since then they are regularly moisturised with all manner of potions. As for the fitting I will have to sort some pics out to show you but the challenge for me and especially you will be getting them low enough. I wanted to keep the height adjustment which makes it a challenge getting the seat low enough. The standard TT fitting rails are just about on the floor and im still contemplating mounting them to the floor itself. I borrowed Ideas from an aftermarket seat subframe which uses the origional seat rails. I will sort pictures.