Sign in to follow this  
ValRado

Oh dear, red lights and beeping..

Argh! Coming out of work today the warning beeper sounded a couple of times, along with an oil warning light. I thought it may have been a glitch so proceeded with caution. As I left the base I gave it a bit of stick, light and beeper came on again. Stopped, check oil.. seemed ok.. carried on, beeper all the way. bugger..

No real rattles from the engine, plenty of oil in there so what could it be? Any tests on the sender I can do?

1.8 16valver btw..

Cheers!

Paul

I would just change the oil pressure sender and see if that cures it, same thing was happening to me on my vr so for the sake of a few quid for a new sender i got one and it hasnt buzzed since.

Sensor first but then look at the oil pump pickup becoming a bit clogged.

Best thing is to chuck some oil flush through it and see what happens.

Oh and there are 2 sensors, one high pressure the other low, same as a KR engined Golf so the Haynes pack 'o lies will cover it.

Thanks peeps, I ran some flush through when I did the last service. I take it 'll need to whip the sump off to look at it? Got a gasket here anyway.. Can anyone direct me to these sensors? I dont have a book of haynes to hand..

Thanks

Paul