Sign in to follow this  
andygal

High idle

Hey, had this problem for a while now, when i start the car, it idles at around 1500-2000RPM. Sometimes it will come back down to around 1000RMP after a while and other times it wont.

Went out today and put vagcom on it with the engine running nd after about 15min the idle was fine at 750ish RPM.

Details i read from vagcom are

Throttle angle 10.4degrees

ISV adaption 1.086

ISV duty cycle 52.4% +- 3% ish

Have tried serveral times to lean the ISV but makes no change.

Anyone got any ideas what may be wrong?? No fault codes either!!!

Cheers,

Andy

Hi,

What Corrado do you own?

I assume it's the vr6 judging by those readings.

Any errors shown at any time? I'd check for air leaks around the inlet piping, and any errors thrown up when the idle is stuck high up.

ye sorry vr6 it is - 1994. Its not idled properly (800ish) for a few months now, today was about the first time. No faults at all have been read either.

There are no air leaks - sounds like a hissing noise is coming from the isv damper box tho - culd this be scracked and causing it or is it normal??

Cheers,

Andy

ye sorry vr6 it is - 1994. Its not idled properly (800ish) for a few months now, today was about the first time. No faults at all have been read either.

There are no air leaks - sounds like a hissing noise is coming from the isv damper box tho - culd this be scracked and causing it or is it normal??

Cheers,

Andy

Mine hisses badly, but my idle doesn't play up and I've not found holes in it yet. I would not be surprised if it was cracked in your case though.

so if it was cracked could this cause high idle?? wil probably take it off tonight and have a look - cheers 4 your help!!

Andy

ok stripped everything down tonight, cleaned throttle body etc and the isv damper is fine!!!

ISV opens when 12v applied too it. Put it back on and ran the car - high idle, unplugged it and it was idling about 500-800rpm. Measured the voltage the connector was supplying when engine running and its 1v which is not enough to power the ISV.

Confused now - any help??

Cheers,

Andy

ok anyone in Glasgow with a VR6 fancy helping me out by letting me try their ISV for 10mins or so :p???

Cheers,

Andy

take it thats a no lol. when i plug the plug back into the isv, the idle shoots up again and the voltage increases from next to nothing to 6v so therefore the valve opens so it appears to be working ok. looks like its the signal that is going to the ecu which then sends the according voltage to the isv that is fault?

Cheers,

Andy