Sign in to follow this  
faz

Wet drivers footwell...?

We had heavy heaby rain for 3 days continuously and my drivers front footwell is wet...

I had this problem on a MK3 GTI and it was the sunroof channel on the A pillar ?...

Any ideas what I should be looking out for on the Corrado ?

Cheers

Hello,

It is most likely going to be the foam seal that seals the heater scuttle foliage grill thingy to the bulkhead. If not its the heater matrix.

Big guide in the knowledge base along with part numbers etc here

Thanks Peeps..

It can't be my matrix becuase the coolant is full in the expansion tank right ?

I thought the seal under the scuttle panel thingy would make my passenger side get wet.....my C has water in the drivers side...

Could it be the same culprit ?

Two of my 3 Corrado's have leaked rain water.

1st one had a badly fitted replacement windscreen (leaked into driver side footwell) - get someone to hose the car with you sitting in it and watch for any drips coming through round the windscreen!

2nd one had badly fitted plastic membrane on the door underneath the door card. Whip the door card off and check that it is sealed all the way round and has no big holes in it!

Thanks Peeps..

It can't be my matrix becuase the coolant is full in the expansion tank right ?

I thought the seal under the scuttle panel thingy would make my passenger side get wet.....my C has water in the drivers side...

Could it be the same culprit ?

Depends how the car is parked, if it is on an incline towards the drivers side the water will collect there.

Worth doing the heater seal anyway - its not expensive and means it wont leak at a later date.

yeah may aswell...

Car was parked flat.

Right, Again I have checked the coolant and its full, its not the door membrane, it's not coming in from the sunroof channels as they have been tested...

Check the windscreen surround (big black rubber thing!) mine wasn't fitted properly and I was getting water in the foot wells and rather worryingly on the fuse box!

the grommet looks ok, to be honest its never happened since that once...

Car has been sitting in rain and it seems to be ok..

Where do I get a new door membrane for a Corrado?

Have the same problem and working my way through all the possibilities.

I think I've now found the source of the leak on my rado, yeah :) . I mistakenly blamed the windscreen as it's fairly new but after examining the entire seal and not finding any gaps, I figured it couldn't be that. Looking now it's so obvious (see spot the difference pics below). Anybody got a spare of the missing piece kicking about?

Passenger Door

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfP1000300.JPG[/attachment:dpdm2dku]

Drivers Door

P1000302.JPG[/attachment:dpdm2dku]

Using a bit of bluetack for now and could probably fabricate something and then seal it but being a perfectionist I'd rather use the actual part required. Any help appreciated. Will stick something in the Wanted section too.

This may not help you mate so apologies if I've hi-jacked your post (Mods can delete if they want?)