Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Great prices for 2.0 16v (9A) parts..

Hi guys..

Becoming increasingly frustrated at the prices we're paying for parts in this country with each passing visit to the Stealer. Some good news for us 2.0 16v owners at least is that the same engine was used in the Passat, which was also sold in the USA. Found a supplier on the net of OE parts and the prices defy belief..

http://www.germanautoparts.com/

I priced up four new injectors (with seals) for a little over the same price that ONE would cost here in the UK. They also do all the awkward expensive sensors as well as seals, etc that VW over here seem completely unable to locate on their computer system. Even with shipping and the greedy tax man stinging us on import duty, it'll still be a hell of a lot cheaper for parts.

I think I might put in a chunky order next year - new injectors, sensors, etc etc!

Maybe. I think i'm done with organising group things for now though tbh!

I think injectors would be a great group buy.. I like that they have a little Bosch injector puller tool as well. I've never even heard of that and was concerned about tackling injectors myself in case of damaging the fuel lines... its a bit reassuring that a tool exists!

Things like the thermotime switch are 90 bucks.. the same switch is nearly 70 quid here from VAG! That controls the cold start valve and i'd love to change that to know that it was working correctly and not overfuelling my car to death on a morning. Considering i'm getting about 300 miles to a tank now in this cold weather, I suspect its not doing its job properly!!

Gawd.. the more I read this site then compare to ETKA, it defies belief! Drivetrain parts as well like wheel bearings, hubs, etc are all so much cheaper and are (I think) the same on the Passat. Confirmation would probably be handy though.

What's wrong.. your hands fallen off?!

Hi Jim, Back in the office at last! :lol:

No, I was thinking if you have already done this it may help me and the others (like you) who need some 9a "diagnosis" sensors to see if they cure their running problems...

I was going to say if we can get the prices/ referance numbers up I "May" order a couple of full engine sets and then pass on what I don't use to others to help with running issues and the fact that VAG seem to think the UK's paved with gold!

BTW I rang the stealers up for a 9a ISV price recently and the poarts guy said.. "Are you sat down? Well you may want to sit on the floor!" ... Fekkin £221.00 EX VAT! Boglocks...

;)

That price is frankly outrageous! I got a good one, 2nd hand off eBay for £10!

Well i'm going to contemplate an order early next year for stuff like injectors, thermotime and cold start injectors... when it comes to it, i'll give you a shout if you wanna save on shipping and the dreaded import tax!

;)

Well i'm going to contemplate an order early next year for stuff like injectors, thermotime and cold start injectors... when it comes to it, i'll give you a shout if you wanna save on shipping and the dreaded import tax!

Let me know if I can help at all with getting them over to you Jim

;)

Cheers Jim would be good....

Your ISV was off a 16v Audi 80 wasn't it?

Yeah, exchange items would be pretty impossible to buy.

Some sort of group buy to cut down the US -> Uk shipping rates could be a good idea though!

Have you got contacts stateside Walesy?

Well for those interested in ordering bits, keep your pennies and as I say, will try and co-ordinate something in the new year perhaps. It could save us all a fortune.

Anyone thinking of putting an order in on this website?

I'm seriously thinking of a set of new driveshafts + cv joints (only £45 each side :shock: ) and a set of Mk4 rear calipers.